Cotopaxi Releases 2022 Impact Report
March 29, 2023
Aiding over 3.8 million people to date through poverty alleviation programs
Salt Lake City, UT. (March 29, 2023) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ –– Certified B Corporation™ and mission-driven brand, Cotopaxi, today released its annual Impact Report, sharing insights and statistics into the brand’s ongoing social and environmental achievements, carbon accounting, supply chain governance, corporate philanthropy, and workforce diversification.
Founded in 2014 as a vehicle to fight extreme poverty, Cotopaxi has aided more than 3.8 million people to date through vetted organizations in the education, employment, and health care spaces. The 2022 report focuses on achievements in the sustainability and humanitarian aid space, measuring current impact as well as outlining future goals and concrete steps towards continuous growth and improvement. Highlights from the report include:
- 100% Carbon Neutral for the 3rd year in a row, maintaining a carbon intensity score under 1%
- Eliminated all single use plastic packaging from supply chain, transitioned retail stores to renewable energy, and financially supported their largest supplier to transition to 100% solar energy
- Joined 1% For the Planet and The Climate Pledge, to help validate and maintain its commitments
- Kept over 1.8 million yards of fabric out of landfills through Teca and Del Dia repurposed fabric programs
- Cotopaxi allocated over $1 million of revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation resulting in grants to nonprofit partners in nine countries
- Provided over 171,000 people in South America with malaria treatments and testing
- Assisted over 8,500 refugees in Ecuador and Venezuela
- Sponsored education for over 19,000 children
- Raised over $50,000 in partnership with Mercy Corps to support relief efforts in and around Ukraine, ultimately helping them reach over 76,000 people.
“Cotopaxi remains committed to the shared ideals of ethics, kindness, and adaptation,” says Annie Agle, Cotopaxi’s Senior Director of Impact and Sustainability. “This report provides a transparent overview of our performance around solving hard societal problems and realizing a model that allows businesses to do good. More than numbers and benchmarks, we hope that any individual who has played a role in these achievements can feel positive about that support. We will continue to improve – year by year, bit by bit, and with their help”
Looking forward, Cotopaxi has set goals to expand initiatives for Fair Trade, living wage programs, circular selling, sustainability and environmentalism. “Our impact work is the essence of Cotopaxi,” says President Damien Huang. “In 2023, we will also set revised, ambitious goals to lessen our negative environmental impact and work towards full Net Zero status, as well as launching a variety of circularity and recommerce initiatives. More importantly, the participation of our employees, customers, and partners in the business of doing good will reach new heights.”
To view the Cotopaxi 2022 Impact report, please visit: Cotopaxi.com/impact
Cotopaxi is a carbon neutral certified B Corporation that creates sustainably made outdoor gear designed to fight extreme poverty, inspire adventure, and move people to Do Good. Our Gear for GoodⓇ promise is to make gear that lasts and to have a positive social, environmental, and economic impact. By 2025, we’re committed to using repurposed, recycled, or responsible materials in all of our gear. We also allocate at least 1% of our annual revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation, which awards grants to nonprofit partners with proven track records of alleviating poverty. Through our Foundation to date, we have reached an estimated 3.8 million individuals who live in extreme poverty. For more information please visit https://www.cotopaxi.com.
Cotopaxi Press Contact: Erin Wyer | Erin@OutsidePR.com | 612.747.1314