LifeSaver Deploys Over One Million Liters of Clean Water Worldwide in 2022 and 2023
December 4, 2023
LifeSaver’s Cube supports humanitarian aid for ongoing global conflict and natural disasters
December 4, 2023 – Colchester, UK /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – In the wake of unprecedented conflict and natural disasters over the last eighteen months, LifeSaver®, the UK-based manufacturer of revolutionary water purification systems, has deployed more than 20,500 LifeSaver Cubes worldwide. This commitment translates to a supply of more than 102 million liters of safe drinking water to disaster areas, where critical infrastructure has been lost and communities have been greatly impacted by a lack of access to clean drinking water. This donation has supplied over 82,000 people worldwide with clean drinking water for one year.
Aiding in disaster relief has been at the core of LifeSaver’s mission since its beginning. The brand is best known for establishing an effective solution to sanitation and clean drinking water issues with its robust portable water purifiers, used by the British military and humanitarian aid groups, including the International NGO Oxfam International. Designed and developed with Oxfam, the LifeSaver Cube was made to be the perfect disaster response water solution. Oxfam knew exactly what specifications were required to make the ideal water purifier for disaster response, and LifeSaver’s engineers brought it to life. In particular, the Cube’s stackable shape, dimensions, and volume were all chosen to maximize capacity on standard shipping pallets. The LifeSaver Cube is lightweight, easy to carry, removes 99.999% of viruses, 99.9999% of bacteria, and 99.99% of cysts and parasites from freshwater sources, and stores up to five liters of water at one time, providing a family of four with daily safe drinking water for a whole year without the need for single-use plastics.
“For years, LifeSaver Cubes have been pivotal in purifying water in disaster-hit areas and humanitarian missions, spearheading the UK’s aid initiatives,” says Wesley Clarke-Sullivan, LifeSaver’s Marketing Manager. “Our commitment to producing life-saving products is unwavering, and we deeply value our partnerships that amplify our global humanitarian impact.”
In partnership with the United Kingdom government’s aid response and Oxfam, the LifeSaver Cube has been sent in response to a number of global efforts over the last eighteen months:
- Severe flooding in Pakistan in September of 2022 resulted in LifeSaver sending a total of 4,850 Cubes. These vital resources were airlifted and handed over to the World Food Programme, which, in collaboration with Concern Worldwide, ensured they reached displaced communities in the most remote areas.
- Deadly earthquakes in both Turkey and Syria in February 2023 resulted in the deployment of over 4,000 LifeSaver Cubes. The many households who received these found solace as they braved their temporary tented accommodations amidst collapsed infrastructure.
- In March of 2023, Malawi was already in the midst of a deadly cholera outbreak when Cyclone Freddy wreaked havoc on its communities. LifeSaver contributed over 2,500 Cubes, which became essential sources of clean water when floodwaters encroached upon potable sources and disrupted sewage systems.
- In the wake of the growing Ukrainian and Russian conflict this summer, LifeSaver worked with its partner Oxfam to send 7,000 Cubes to Ukraine for communities that have been devastated by the ongoing war.
- In September of 2023, catastrophic flooding in Libya, brought on by Storm Daniel, resulted in a tragic loss of life and displaced thousands of families. In response to this crisis, the UK government promptly deployed 2,100 LifeSaver Cubes as an integral component of the UK Aid package, providing those in need with a crucial lifeline.
For more information on these impactful projects and LifeSaver’s global humanitarian efforts, see here. If you represent an NGO, charity, or government agency seeking partners to help end world water poverty and would like to work with LifeSaver, find more information here. For media inquiries, contact Stacy Kline at email@example.com.
Founded in the UK in 2007, LifeSaver came to life following back-to-back natural disasters: the Indian Ocean Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. Inventor Michael Pritchard felt compelled to address the resulting need for access to clean drinking water. The first LifeSaver prototype was developed in Pritchard’s garage and became the world’s first portable water filter capable of removing the smallest known waterborne viruses. Since that time, LifeSaver has established itself as an effective and long-lasting solution to drinking water issues in the humanitarian and military sectors, as well as for outdoor enthusiasts. www.iconlifesaver.com