onX Backcountry Announces Partners for Winter 2023
January 31, 2023
Missoula, Mont., January 31, 2023 /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – onX Backcountry, a navigation and discovery app for outdoor enthusiasts, today announces its suite of powerhouse partnerships for the 2022-2023 winter season. By working closely with the American Avalanche Association (A3), AIARE, American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA), Beacon Guidebooks), Bluebird Backcountry, SheJumps, and the country’s 23 local avalanche centers, onX aims to provide powder seekers with the resources they need to adventure safely and responsibly this season.
A multi-season adventure app, onX Backcountry has two modes–Snow Mode and Trail Mode. Snow Mode puts resources like local avalanche forecasts, Slope Angle and Slope Aspect map overlays, SNOTEL data, recent avalanche observations, and more, right at users’ fingertips. In addition to providing users with the information to help make informed decisions in avalanche terrain, onX Backcountry also provides inspiration–sourcing 30,000+ expert-curated backcountry ski lines and trail adventures.
“We’re constantly fine tuning and thinking about how we present critical snow safety information to backcountry skiers and snowboarders,” said onX Backcountry Partner Specialist, Joe Risi. “Through our collaborations with A3, AMGA, Beacon Guidebooks, and local avalanche centers, we’ve broadened our community of experts and are continually incorporating their input and ideas. Additionally, we’re excited to share mapping resources and backcountry education opportunities with AIARE, Bluebird Backcountry, and SheJumps. Together, we all have the same goal of providing powder seekers with valuable tools and accurate information, so they can have an epic day in the mountains.”
“The American Mountain Guides Association is proud to partner with onX Backcountry. OnX Backcountry provides accessible and forward thinking tools for navigation and ultimately risk management in the backcountry. Essential features include detailed terrain layers integrated with weather and avalanche hazard tools. Additionally, onX Backcountry is committed to empowering the user through broad educational and training opportunities. Our association of professional mountain guides and climbing instructors is honored to align and support this essential element of mountain craft.” – Jake Gaventa, Partnerships Manager
“onX Backcountry is changing the game. Beacon Guidebooks is proud to partner with this reliable, accurate and thorough digital tool.” – Andy Sovick, Founder
Partnering with onX Backcountry provides a resource for map and navigation education, which is needed for outdoor recreation. We love sharing this amazing tool with our community to help more women and girls adventure with confidence—wherever they may please.” – Claire Smallwood, Executive Director
More on each onX Backcountry partner:
- American Avalanche Association: A3 is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing professional excellence in avalanche safety, education, and research in the United States.
- American Mountain Guides Association: AMGA is a educational nonprofit dedicated to supporting the American mountain guiding community through education, standards, and advocacy.
- Beacon Guidebooks: Beacon Guidebooks provides critical terrain and avalanche information to be used in the ski tour planning process as well as in the field to ensure balanced and informed decision-making. onX Backcountry has incorporated 2,200 routes from Beacon, written by guides and other experts, into its app. New for the 2022-23 season are three new regions: Mount Baker, Washington, Rocky Mountain Park and Cameron Pass, Colorado.
- Bluebird Backcountry: Bluebird Backcountry is an inbounds backcountry ski area designed for learning and adventure in Kremmling, Colorado.
- SheJumps: SheJumps is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the participation of women and girls in outdoor activities to foster confidence, leadership, and connection to nature and community.
- Local Avalanche Centers: onX Backcountry is proud to work closely with avalanche forecasting centers across the U.S. To learn more about how onX Backcountry supports this critical backcountry resource, check out the Support Your Forecast program.
These collaborations are some of the many ways that onX Backcountry hopes to connect guides, avalanches professionals, and recreational backcountry travelers with the tools they need to approach this season with safety and preparedness.
About onX Backcountry
onX Backcountry empowers trailblazers and powder seekers of all levels to find new outdoor experiences and relive old favorites. Unlike other apps on the market, onX Backcountry combines industry-leading GPS tools with expert-curated adventure content. Members can enjoy access to 770K+ trails and 30,000+ guide-book adventures. Because off-the-beaten-path experiences are at the heart of what onX does, the company also leads initiatives to protect and expand access to public land and promote stewardship opportunities. Learn more at https://www.onxmaps.com/onx-access-initiatives
# # #