Rossignol Group Opening a New Multi-Brand Mountain Sports Store Concept, “Start Gate”, in Bromont, Quebec
December 2, 2022
ST-JEAN-DE-MOIRANS, France, (Dec. 2, 2022) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Seeking to offer mountain sports enthusiasts an enhanced multi-brand customer experience, the Rossignol Group has announced the opening of the “START GATE” store in Bromont, marking a new step in its multi-season and multi-activity development strategy. The new concept store will be managed in partnership with Sports Bromont, one of the Group’s key strategic retail partners in the region.
Much more than simply a store, Rossignol’s START GATE concept is designed to offer all mountain sports enthusiasts special themed merchandising areas as well as a range of services for equipment customisation and maintenance. Inspired by the vibrant energy of the start gates at amature and professional events all over the world, this new multi-season and multi-activity concept celebrates the moments of anticipation and impatience experienced by all athletes.
The Bromont store offers customers the best products from the Group’s brands in a single location as well as specialized technical and customization services that will include:
• Ski Lab: a ski preparation, servicing and repair workshop.
• Boot Lab: the Start Gate store includes an area devoted entirely to boot-fitting and foot expertise that uses advanced techniques to customise ski boots. In just a few seconds, the innovative 3D Foot Scanner provides a digital three-dimensional foot analysis including all parameters required to adapt the boot to the wearer’s foot and find the optimum balance of comfort and performance.
• Bike Lab: the Start Gate bike workshop offers specialist maintenance as well as more advanced services (suspension, braking systems) and services for e-bikes: management of all electrical problems, with a particular focus on Shimano components. It also offers a tailored bike-fitting service.
• Ski rental: including the latest products of the season from Rossignol and Dynastar, perfectly prepared in the specialist laboratory.
• Customers in the Start Gate store can also make an appointment with a Rossignol “starter”, qualified professionals and passionate practitioners who draw on their expertise to provide the best possible guidance and advice to help each individual choose the most appropriate equipment for their level and discipline.
The Rossignol Group, which has four factories in Europe (Artès in Spain, Montebelluna in Italy and Nevers and Sallanches in France), produces around 80% of its winter sports equipment in these European factories or at its local subcontractors. START GATE will bring together the entire universe and rich diversity of the Rossignol Group brands, from head to toe throughout the four seasons.
• Rossignol and Dynastar ski ranges in all categories: Racing and Competition, Piste, All Mountain, Freeride, Free Touring, Cross-Country and Nordic Skiing, not forgetting equipment designed specifically for women skiers, juniors and a complete range of accessories: helmets, goggles, poles, protection and backpacks.
• Rossignol and Lange ski boot ranges for all categories: Competition, Piste, All Mountain, Free Touring-Cross-Country, Nordic.
• Outdoor area: reflecting over a century of tradition and its love of the mountains, Rossignol is continuing to forge its path in alpine culture, but this time in the summer sun. The brand is offering a range of outdoor and leisure clothing and accessories, cycling gear and multi-activity footwear to allow customers to fully experience all facets of the mountain and nature.
• Rossignol mountain bike and e-bike ranges.
• Ski apparel ranges for men, women and children, an extended and enhanced collection of sports footwear and a lifestyle collection (clothing and accessories). Modern, high-tech products designed to allow everyone to fully embrace these moments in the mountains.
Visitors to the START GATE store can also explore different specialist areas: a footwear wall display, a ski wall featuring top Dynastar and Rossignol products, a ski boot area with Lange and Rossignol, sports clothing, lifestyle and ski zones, a rental area, an outlet area and more.
The START GATE shop in Bromont is located less than an hour from Montreal, in the heart of the Cantons de l’Est. A prized four-season outdoor destination, Bromont is considered the cycling capital of the country, with all disciplines represented: downhill, enduro, cross-country, road, gravel, bmx, dirt jump, fatbike and track. 200km of multi-use trails (hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding) in three specific sectors are accessible in the summer, as well as a variety of roads to discover either on road or gravel bikes. In winter, downhill skiing and snowboarding are the hallmarks of Bromont, which also offers a wide range of alpine hiking trails and cross-country ski trails.
The Rossignol Group, headed by Vincent Wauters, manufactures and markets a broad range of mountain sports and outdoor equipment and apparel. The Group and its brands provide a continuous, year-round experience accompanying consumers in every moment of sporting effort and leisure, from elite-level athletes to amateurs, from the mountains to the city. The Group’s global headquarters is located in the French Alps near Grenoble with five different industrial sites across western Europe (Sallanches, Nevers, Saint Etienne de Saint Geoirs, Artès, Montebelluna) and a U.S. headquarters in Park City, Utah. The Group houses a strong portfolio of complementary brands: Rossignol – the iconic mountain sports and lifestyle brand including Alpine, Nordic, and Snowboard, Bike, Apparel and Footwear categories; Dynastar – the specialist ski brand; Lange – the iconic specialist ski boot brand; Look – the long-standing premium manufacturer of ski bindings; Risport – the reference for ice-skating; Kerma – specialized in ski poles and technical equipment; and Dale of Norway, an iconic Norwegian brand known for its high-quality wool-based knitwear. Each has built their own unique identity and draws their inspiration from the mountains. Rossignol is majority owned by Nordic Private Equity fund Altor since 2013.