The Conservation Alliance Announces Fourteen New Members
December 21, 2020
These new partnerships will strengthen the Alliance as conservation opportunities grow under a new administration.
Bend, Ore. (December 21, 2020) – The Conservation Alliance is excited to welcome 14 new member organizations as we close out the 2020 year, adding to its growing list of more than 250 companies committed to conservation and the protection of North America’s wild places. These member organizations pool their resources to fund, advocate and safeguard the places outdoor enthusiasts recreate. Through bi-annual grant cycles, members direct funding to grassroots groups working to secure protections for our wild lands and waters, working towards a planet where wild places, wildlife, and people thrive together.
“These brands represent an exciting new cohort of members, not just because of the additional funds they will drive to our grant program, but as an example of how we view membership expanding in the future,” said Conor McElyea, Program Manager at The Conservation Alliance. “We’re proud of our roots in the Outdoor Industry and know that will always be core to who we are, but we also recognize that the protection of public lands needs support from other industries, and we’re excited to have this group demonstrate a step in that direction.”
Below is a full list of all of the new member organizations:
- 10 Barrel Brewing Company is a brewery based in Bend, Oregon, featuring innovative beers brewed locally at each of their six brewpub locations. As a part of 10 Barrel’s commitment to protecting wild places, they released Nature Calls IPA. A portion of the proceeds from this beer directly benefit the work of The Conservation Alliance.
- Amari is a new supplement company developing plant-based products that work to reduce inflammation brought on by exercise and help people always feel ready to enjoy the activities they love. Their tasty, convenient, effective, water-soluble blends of turmeric, ashwagandha and plant-based ingredients are formulated to help you Play longer & Recover faster.
- Atmos Financial offers values-aligned banking products for individuals to have a direct and measurable climate impact. Atmos’s FDIC-insured savings accounts provide market leading rates. Deposits will be used exclusively in climate-positive projects to finance the rapid transition to a clean economy for all.
- Bell & the Whistle is a wooden art company creating custom signs and wall decor. Many of their designs are inspired by mountains, vistas, and our National Parks.
- Dometic provides smart, reliable products with outstanding design for mobile living in the areas of Climate, Hygiene & Sanitation and Food & Beverage.
- Elevated Independent Energy is a Colorado-owned and operated, full service renewable energy contractor. Their mission is to empower home and business owners to gain energy independence by taking control of their electrical grids. Decoupling our dependency on finite fossil fuels is the only way forward; for each other, for our planet.
- MyClimb is an app that helps you log any climb, anywhere, and train with the world’s best climbers.
- Nomadix makes go-anywhere towels for travel, yoga, beach, and camping. All products are made from certified post-consumer recycled materials.
- Prime Gear Direct is a Seattle-based online retailer of quality brands for your next adventure.
- Righteous Felon Jerky Cartel Specializes in producing all-natural, craft meat snacks featuring pasture-raised American Black Angus and unique, one-of-a-kind flavors.
- Rumpl was put on this planet to introduce the world to better blankets. By applying technical materials typically found in premium outdoor gear and activewear, they’re modernizing a dated and boring blanket category.
- VSSL (Pron. “vessel”) VSSL delivers pre-packed expert-curated outdoor essentials into compact, indestructible, military-grade aluminum cylinders that ensure you’re ready for every adventure. Customers can choose to purchase pre-built VSSLs, or customize and design their own unique VSSL in the custom builder.
- Wholesum is an app that makes group meal planning simple. Easily create recipes, shopping lists and meal plans for groups.
- Wild Nature creates natural, high-protein jerky dog treats enhanced with real superfoods for outdoor adventurers.
These new partnerships will continue to bolster The Conservation Alliance’s efforts to fund conservation organizations and build upon the Alliance’s success stories. Since its inception in 1989, Conservation Alliance funding has helped save more than 73 million acres of wildlands; protect 3,575 miles of rivers; stop or remove 36 dams; designate five marine reserves; and purchase 17 climbing areas.
To view the full list of Conservation Alliance members, head to: http://www.conservationalliance.com/members/
About The Conservation Alliance
The Conservation Alliance is a coalition of like-minded businesses who pool resources to fund and advocate for the protection of North America’s wild places. Alliance funds have played a key role in protecting rivers, trails, wildlands and climbing areas throughout North America. Membership in the Alliance is open to all companies who care about protecting our most threatened wild places for habitat and outdoor recreation. Since its inception in 1989, The Conservation Alliance has contributed more than $25 million, awarded more than 700 grants, helped to protect more than 73 million acres of wildlands; protect 3,575 miles of rivers; stop or remove 36 dams; designate five marine reserves; and purchase 17 climbing areas. For complete information about The Conservation Alliance, visit www.conservationalliance.com.