We Are Change Makers Announces 2020 Virtual One-Day Summit, Benefiting Kenyan Social Enterprise Zawadisha
October 6, 2020
In its seventh summit, 100% of proceeds from We Are Change Makers benefit Zawadisha, a social enterprise whose mission is to provide small loans to rural Kenyan women to help finance their livelihoods.
(GLOBAL/VIRTUAL — October 6, 2020) Bringing together a passionate community of visionaries, We Are Change Makers (WACM), announces its seventh summit, held on October 23rd, exploring everything from mindfulness and thought leadership to race to gender to truth and reconciliation — with leading-edge conversations from global thought leaders who will inspire and challenge us to think bigger, do better, and be prepared to do the work.
Zawadisha removes the barriers for rural Kenyan women to access clean energy and water products by eliminating the up-front costs through an in-house financing and distribution program and community engagement. Zawadisha provides loans for items like solar lamps, rainwater tanks, and clean cookstoves, delivering them directly to villages, and providing after-sale services that include financial literacy and micro-enterprise training. By attending We Are Change Makers, you are helping to make women’s lives better.
2020 Summit Sessions & Speakers Include:
- Practice rest as a radical element of resistance with Kriste Peoples
- Bridge ancient knowledge and healing with the modern era with Nellie Davis
- Get real about racism’s insidious and ongoing presence in a democracy on the brink with Saira Rao and Melanie Davidson
- Explore how to co-create sustainable futures with Kathryn Lukas and Beena Sharma
- Learn about empathy, justice, and radical change from Bernadette Muthien, Zenariah Barends, Loren Braithwaite Kabosha, & Lebo Ramafoko, a group of South African women who served on the Truth & Reconciliation Committee
- Decolonize thought leadership with Dani Reyes-Acosta, Samara Almnote, and Deenalee Hodgon
- Achieve true gender equity through inclusion with Lila Leatherman and Erin Parisi
- Learn the art of traditional basket making with the women of Zawadisha
- You will receive links to view the webinars the day of the event.
- You will have up to 30 days to watch the session.
A big thank you to 2020 sponsors, including Renown Health, Coalition Snow, Lovestock Derma-Care and Midtown Essential Oils.
Founded by Coalition Snow CEO Jen Guerecki, Zawadisha and Coalition Snow together plant a tree in Kenya for every ski/snowboard sold at Coalition Snow. This supports the local economy — purchasing seedlings and providing employment to women planting the trees — while mitigating climate change and repairing the local deforestation. Likewise, some of the trees are fruit-bearing, a future food security and income generation opportunity.
About We Are Change Makers
We Are Change Makers facilities leading-edge conversations to expand awareness, impact, community, and leadership. For people who want to move past comfortable conversations and into areas that require leaning hard into courage. For those of us who are committed to learning how to be better leaders, fighting for social justice, and fostering cultural and personal transformation. WACM is cultivating safe spaces with a passionate community of visionaries who are exploring everything from mindfulness and thought leadership to race to gender to truth and reconciliation. www.wacm.co