Wild Rye Launches Spring Collection and Partners with OutsidePR
April 7, 2022
Leading Women’s Mountain Apparel Brand Offers Uncompromised and Inclusive Technical Style
Sun Valley, ID (April 7, 2022) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Wild Rye, the women-founded, women-led and women-specific mountain bike, snowsports and outdoor apparel company, today announced its new Spring ‘22 Collection drop, along with its public relations partnership with boutique consumer and outdoor lifestyle public relations agency, OutsidePR.
Created to inspire confidence and get more women-identifying adventurers outside, Wild Rye is known for beautiful, technical and inclusive gear and apparel. The brand’s Spring ‘22 Collection offers new styles, colorways and a versatile, lifestyle-friendly approach to performance apparel. Each season’s colorways are hand-drawn by Wild-Rye’s in-house female designer and each season offers entirely fresh and fun patterns to inspire and create conversation.
Taking inspiration from personal experience and timely social influence, the designs for Wild Rye’s spring ‘22 collection are as unique, beautiful and progressive as the women behind the brand. “In this particular upcoming season, it has to do with a desire to travel and adventure,” said CEO and founder Cassie Abel. “Being that we designed this collection back in 2020 and I was incidentally housebound with a very small baby in the middle of a pandemic, this collection was driven by our teams wanderlust mind-set and ultimately led to a “stray from the beaten path”-inspired Spring collection combined with how we were coping with quarantine; house plants and road trips!”
Featuring these new designs in sizes 0-18 are Wild Rye’s spring core cycling products including:
- Freyah MTB Pant (MSRP $189) – soft launched in late 2021 and sold out within days, this new 3-season mountain bike pant is back with a vengeance for spring 2022. The Freyah MTB Pant is incredibly versatile, packed with breathability, durability and style. Constructed from our signature WRDuraStretch 4-way stretch that you’ve fallen in love with in our flagship Freel and Freda shorts, these pants will be your go-to for cool spring rides, sweltering days at the bike park to winter nordic skiing.
- Salida SS Jersey (MSRP $74) – The Salida SS is the evolution of the Sandia LS jersey, but offers a more relaxed fit for a wider range of outdoor adventures. A new merino blend fabric covers the front of the jersey, while the back features breathable mesh paneling. The fabric offers durability and natural odor resistance and the UPF fabric protects you from the sun. A perfect adventure shirt that takes you from your front door to the top of your personal “front range,” whether that’s a mountain top or a paved trail.
- Alyssa Chammy (MSRP $114) – The Alyssa Chammy is longer-inseam sister of the award-winning Alice Chammy. A high-waisted yoga style waistband, combined with an Italian-built chamois pad and extra coverage through the new 9″ inseam length. Made with soft and compressive nylon, the Alyssa Chammy was designed to keep you going on long, multi-day rides so you can stop thinking chammy thoughts and start enjoying those high alpine views.
- Galena Gel gloves (MSRP $34) – The Galena was designed from the ground up to keep you cool and protected during those critical moments. With gel padding, wicking materials, #PlayWild palm grip detail and our array of new prints, these gloves will quickly become your favorite bike accessory.
- Lucy Party Shirt (MSRP $89) – Everyone loves a party shred. Why not make it a technical party-shred? The Lucy is a quick-drying, breathable party shirt that will take you from trail to tailgate and beyond with some extra swagger.
Wild Rye is also proud to launch its first ever “active lifestyle collection”, launching in late April, featuring everyday wearable colorways, technical but comfortable textiles, and stylish yet versatile silhouettes:
- Elorie Technical Overalls (MSRP $149) – Overalls are back, melding both style and function. Constructed with a quick-drying, breathable and durable recycled nylon, with a little stretch for comfort, this overall is designed to be flattering and ready for adventure.
- Ingrid Workshirt (MSRP $129) – The Ingrid shares the same sustainable fabric as the Elorie overalls. From cool rides on your bike, to chopping wood, or an easy overshirt while camping, the Ingrid is your do-anything, go anywhere adventure shirt.
“We are single-minded in our focus to encourage more women into the outdoors, with our dedication to women-specific needs and interests when it comes to apparel and gear,” says Abel. “This new spring collection is all about not taking life too seriously, while also taking our pursuit of fun and adventure as seriously as if it were our day job. Holding up and holding space for women is our purpose and passion, and we’re thrilled to partner with OutsidePR, who have the same barrier-breaking, industry-disrupting and uncompromising values as we do, to share our stories, our gear and our vision.”
“Wild Rye has paved the way for not only women’s bike and mountain apparel, but for women-led brands on the whole,” said OutsidePR President, Jess Fiaschetti. “We’ve been huge fans and friends of the Wild Rye crew for a while and it’s serendipitous to now form an alliance, helping bring not only Wild Rye’s name, reputation and incredible gear to the masses, but also to support their empowering initiatives such as Women Led Wednesday. The brand very much aligns with OutsidePR’s progressive values and we’re excited for what’s to come.”
Wild Rye’s spring 2022 collection can be found at select specialty retailers in addition to national retailers including REI, Title Nine, Evo and at wild-rye.com.
Images of the Spring 2022 collection can be found here.
Press Contact: Jess Fiaschetti | OutsidePR | Jess@OutsidePR.com | 415.565.9530
About Wild Rye
Founded in August 2016, Wild Rye™ brings beautiful and technical mountain apparel to all who identify as women, and aims to inspire confidence and get more women outside. Wild Rye apparel never compromises on fit, performance, and contemporary style and is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive access point to the outdoors, cycling and snowsports, by building confidence and community, protecting the places we play. Wild Rye is proudly Climate Neutral Certified, member of 1% for the Planet and Wood River Trails Coalition Business, and a SheJumps partner. Wild Rye is a shape inclusive brand that celebrates all women, and is continually working to improve both brand and product experience for consumers. Wild Rye products are designed and tested in its Sun Valley, Idaho mountain home and are available in specialty retailers across the country and REI, Title Nine and more. Learn more at wild-rye.com. @wild_rye