AKU Outdoor Launches Hunting Footwear Collection in North America in 2021
December 17, 2020
AKU Hunting Collection will be available starting June 1, 2021
Montreal, Canada (December 17, 2020) –—AKU, an Italian footwear brand known for designing and producing some of the world’s most comfortable hand-crafted hiking boots,is launching a complete line of hunting footwear to its North American collection in 2021. The AKU Hunting Collection will be available starting June 1, 2021 online and through specialty retailers in North America.
“For years, consumers have told us that they are buying our outdoor hiking and trekking footwear for hunting because they are so comfortable, dry and warm,” said Rick Cook. “AKU has recently expanded its distribution channels in North America and so we felt that this was the right time to introduce the AKU hunting styles that have long been popular in Europe.”
The AKU Hunting Collection will include 12 different footwear options that are specifically designed for a variety of different types of hunting. All of them are made with high quality leathers, Vibram soles for comfort and Gore-tex liner for breathability and moisture control. These features result in a boot that is comfortable, durable and that reduces foot fatigue for the long haul.
- Jager Evo GTX – An extremely rugged boot series that is designed for hunting activities such as elk and mule deer hunting. They feature a thick full grain leather upper that is made with one piece of leather to reduce stitching. The tongue has asymmetric construction to reduce bulk and enhance the waterproofness. The lace covers offer added safety in the bush.MSRP: $369-439.
- Riserva GTX– Featuring AKU’s patented Elica Stride Technology and the soft rear cuff collar, the Riserva collection is a backcountry hunting boot that is easy to walk long distances when elk and deer hunting as well as grouse hunting in different terrain conditions. Available in either nubuck or full grain leather; the rubber toe rand offers added protection, and the sole has a wide footprint with deep lugs for superior grip. MSRP: $299-389.
- Pilgrim Hi Combat GTX– The perfect boot for hunters who are looking for a lightweight but supportive, agile boot, while bowhunting during the early season. The Pilgrim DS has been a UK Army Combat boot for years in Europe, and the boot’s features cross over to hunting nicely. The upper is made with AKU’s Air8000 breathable nylon and full grain leather. Gore-tex liner and Vibram sole add to the performance features. The sole also has a high toe spring for comfortable walking. MSRP: $229-249.
- Superalp GTX– A classic outdoor boot that crosses over to hunting in rugged terrain for sheep, elk, etc. The nubuck leather and full rubber rand offers protection while the lacing system is smooth and makes for a perfect snug fit. The Vibram sole makes for great traction on a variety of surfaces. MSRP: $349.
- Hyatsuki GTX -Developed for high-altitude game hunting in snowy and cold conditions. Upper is made with Perwanger and Elastic textile as well as AKU’s patented breathable Air8000 Nylon. Gore-tex liner keeps feet dry while the Primaloft insulation ensures warmth. MSRP: $399.
AKU was founded by Galliano Bordin in Italy in 1955. Since then, the company has grown from a small workshop into a company with more than thirty years’ experience in the design and production of high-quality trekking, mountaineering and outdoor footwear. AKU’s three production facilities are located in Montebelluna, Italy, Cluj Napoca, Romania and Belgrade, Serbia. AKU footwear is currently sold in 23 countries. For more info, please visit: www.akuoutdoor.com
# # #