Burley Design to Revolutionize Trailer Market at Interbike 2017
August 15, 2017
Eugene, OR – Burley Design – known for its award-winning outdoor recreational transport gear trusted by generations of families since 1978 – is excited to announce a preview of their revolutionary single wheel cargo trailer, the Coho XC, at Interbike (booth #24209) on September 20-22, 2017 in Las Vegas.
Built to address one of the most common problems with traditional trailers – the inability to adjust the yoke to a wide range of axles and hubs – the Coho XC introduces a variable width yoke. This industry-leading feature allows installation on a wider range of hubs and tire sizes, including 700C with full wrap renders, 29 plus wheels, off-road tires and road tires.
“Consumer feedback and unique innovation are top of mind as we prepare to enter the single wheel trailer category,” says Burley President Allison Coughlin. “This is the most anticipated launch for our brand yet and we can’t wait to show the world how much thought we’ve put into this.”
Users simply spread the yoke to the width of their rear axle, and then drop and lock the trailer to the bike with the new dual ball hitch that allows the yoke to connect at multiple angles.
“Our goal was to create the ultimate beast of burden and become the leader in this category,” says Product Development Manager Scott Spence. “The feature set and compatibility of this product are unparalleled.”
The Coho XC embodies the below additional features, making it the most advanced single wheel cargo trailer yet.
- Release lever instantly disconnects trailer
- Yoke adjusts to wide range of hubs and tire sizes instantly without tools
- Integrated kick-stand holds trailer and bike upright
- Removable side panels hold cargo when not using dry bag
- Customizable with three available trailer wheel sizes (Plus 16 x3”, Off-road 16”x2.125”, Road 16”x1.75”), pannier rack and cargo ladders
- Multiple integrated accessory mounts for easy bottle cage/accessory attachment
- Disassembles without tools into compact form for storage and travel
- Large object compatible: The level frame and fender design accommodates long and wide objects
- Adjustable suspension
From single track bikepacking to long distance touring, the Coho XC is an ideal product for everyone and will be available for purchase March 2018 in the $439-$469 price range.
For more information on the Coho XC or Burley’s presence at Interbike 2017, please contact Ally at Ally@groundswellpr.com.
Since 1978, Burley has been creating the world’s toughest, most durable outdoor recreational transport gear for people who love to bike, run and explore. Our products are created with thoughtful design, rugged durability and innovative safety so families can get outside and share their passion for the outdoors. Designed in Eugene, Oregon, Burley’s multi-functional child trailers, kids’ bikes, commuter and cargo trailers, jogging strollers and accessories are available throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.burley.com.