Courtney Dauwalter’s Triple Crown Leads Tailwind Nutrition Athletes to an Exceptional 2023
November 1, 2023
Durango, Colo. (Nov. 1, 2023)/OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Ultrarunner Courtney Dauwalter led Tailwind Nutrition athletes to an exceptional 2023 season by securing back-to-back-to-back victories at the Western States 100 Endurance Run, Hardrock 100, and Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc. The Colorado-based ultrarunner set course records at the former two events, a feat never before seen in the sport.
Dauwalter’s exploits were complemented by other athletes using Tailwind Nutrition, including Tyler Green, Annie Hughes, John Kelly, Karel Sabbe, Sarah Ostaszewski, Harvey Lewis, and Pam Reed. Showcasing Tailwind’s versatility as a fueling source, Alayna Sonnesyn and David Norris both won the famed American Bikebeiner Nordic ski race.
“These incredible results are a testament to the efficacy and simplicity of Tailwind Nutrition’s products and how they contribute to some of the best performances worldwide,” says Maggie Guterl, Tailwind athlete manager. “We are proud to be trusted by the world’s leading athletes for their nutrition no matter what their sport.”
Some of this year’s highlights, in addition to Courtney’s Triple Crown, include:
- Sarah Ostaszewski won and set course records at the Cocodona 250 and Ouray 100
- Brittany Charboneu won the USATF Trail Running Marathon Championship at Breakneck Point and placed second at the USATF 50k Road Championship
- Alayna Sonnesyn won the American Birkebeiner, her fourth win in the race
- David Norris also won the Birkie, his second victory at the race
- Jacquie Mannhard won the Leadville Trail 100 Run while fueling with Tailwind Nutrition
- Tyler Green finished in second place at the Western States Endurance Run and 7th at UTMB
- Annie Hughes finished in third place at the Hardrock Endurance Run
- John Kelly competed in the Barkley Marathons and secured his second Barkley finish. He was also 16th at Tor De Geants
- Karel Sabbe finished third at the Barkley Marathons and also broke the record for the fastest known time on the Pacific Crest Trail, shaving five days off the previous record
- Harvey Lewis won and set a world record at Big Dog Backyard Ultra. Lewis also competed in his twelfth consecutive Badwater 135 and finished on the podium in third place
- Pam Reed completed the Western States 100 and Hardrock 100 at age 62
- Sarah Keyes placed third at the Lake Sonoma 50
- Kyle Curtin finished 9th at the Tor De Geant and was the top American finisher
- Jacky Hunt-Broersma, a cancer survivor, continues to run a half marathon every day for 250 days in memory of those who have been diagnosed with cancer
- Ellen Campbell finished in eleventh place in the Life Time Grand Prix overall standings
- Victoria Burgess qualified for the USA SUP Team and placed second in the Distance Race and third place in the Tech Race at the USA SUP Championships
All of these athletes used Tailwind’s lineup of nutrition products, including Endurance Fuel and Recovery Mix. Endurance Fuel is a simple and complete mix of calories and electrolytes that tastes great and is easy on the stomach. Tailwind’s Recovery Mix features the perfect mix of carbs, protein, and electrolytes to replenish glycogen stores, rebuild damaged muscle tissue, and rehydrate.
You don’t have to be an elite athlete to benefit from Tailwind though. Tailwind’s easy-to-use products allow any athlete to reach their goals from one mile to 100.
To learn more about Tailwind Nutrition, please visit https://tailwindnutrition.com/
About Tailwind Nutrition
Since 2012, Tailwind Nutrition has been manufacturing all-natural endurance nutrition products that are free of GMOs, dairy, soy, and gluten, are easy to digest, and support an athlete’s fueling and recovery needs during exercise. Owned, operated and manufactured in Durango, CO, Tailwind Nutrition’s specially formulated drink mixes help athletes perform and compete at their highest level without the worry of food allergies or sensitivities. Tailwind is all you need, all day. Really. For more information visit tailwindnutrition.com