Danner Introduces First Modern, Recraftable Hiking Boot
May 31, 2023
The Mountain 600 Leaf GTX Is Built to Explore, Restore and Repeat for Years to Come
Portland, Ore./OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – For more than 90 years, Oregon-based Danner has been dedicated to building the toughest, longest-lasting boots on the market. But even the highest-quality boots need some care and repair after time takes its toll. Today, Danner welcomes a solution to keep its modern hiking boots on the trail longer: the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX. This new recraftable hiker is packed with the same performance features as the original, along with the addition of recycled components. Now available at REI stores nationwide.
Designed to thrive on the trail, the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX is a step forward in Danner’s mission to combine outdoor performance with a reduced carbon footprint. Available in men’s and women’s sizing, this boot can be resoled and reconditioned through Danner’s Recrafting Program — the brand’s renowned in-house repair service. While Danner has been recrafting classic USA-made boots for decades, the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX is proudly Danner’s first recraftable modern hiking boot, introducing a new generation of boots that last even longer. Please visit danner.com/recrafting for more information.
The Danner design team opted to utilize numerous post-consumer recycled materials in the construction of the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX. The new style features waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® liners that use 45% post-consumer recycled materials, a 100% recycled collar liner, Leather Working Group – certified full-grain leather and OrthoLite® Eco™ footbeds that use 12% plant-derived bio-oil. For added protection and performance outdoors, the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX features a Vibram® Fuga outsole with Megagrip rubber compound designed to cling to any surface, no matter the conditions.
“We firmly believe that a high-quality product such as a Danner boot should stand the test of time,” says Kate Maciejowski, senior marketing manager for Danner. ”We’ve put the Mountain 600 Leaf GTX through the same rigorous testing that all our boots undergo, everything from raw materials to on-trail testing. We’re proud to say it performs to our high standards, while also incorporating recycled materials.”
Mountain 600 Leaf GTX features:
- Durable full-grain leather upper
- GORE-TEX waterproof protection using 45% post-consumer content
- 100% recycled collar
- OrthoLite® Eco™ footbed made from recycled rubber and bio-oil
- Vibram® SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support
- Nylon shank
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability
- Vibram® Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces
- Recraftable with ability to resole and repair through Danner’s Recrafting Program
- Two lace options
- Men’s sizes D: 7–12, 13, 14, 15 and wide (EE): 7–12, 13, 14, 15
- Women’s sizes M: 5–11 and wide (W): 5–11
- Men’s weight: 2.2 lbs per pair (based on size 10)
- Women’s weight: 2 lbs per pair (based on size 7)
- Available at all REI stores, REI.com, Danner stores and Danner.com
Studio and lifestyle imagery can be downloaded here.
For more information, please visit danner.com/mountain-600-leaf or reach out with any questions.
Tara Yant, WH inc.