Eagle Creek Unveils New Cargo Hauler Special Edition For Spring 2018
May 25, 2017
Advancing duffel design with the application of innovative fabric technology.
San Diego, Ca. – Owning the Duffel Category is not something Eagle Creek takes lightly. With the introduction of the new Cargo Hauler Special Edition, Eagle Creek continues to stake its claim as the leader in product design versatility and durability.
Building on the extremely successful Cargo Hauler Duffel franchise, the new Special Edition features water repellant X-Pac™ Dimension Polyant sail fabric, a 4-ply composite material featuring a polyester yarn diamond mesh embedded between layers to increase the tensile strength. This bag will hold more weight than you can carry.
“This duffel is really the culmination of all-things adventure travel. The selection of components and materials were inspired by the most technical gear found from the mountain tops all the way down to the sea,” said Mark Davis, Product Design Manager at Eagle Creek. “The main body material is waterproof X-Pac performance sail fabric, the bottom is our highly abrasion resistant Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite material, the aluminum hardware is inspired by climbing hardware, and the ergonomic backpack straps are inspired by hiking packs. It was a lot of fun to combine all these components to create the ultimate combination of adventure-ready and travel-friendly.”
The Special Edition features quick-release aluminum snaphooks for backpack strap attachment, PU coated weather-resistant zippers, an internal zippered mesh pocket for organization, a padded handle wrap, Central Lock Point and a baffled end pocket. Thanks to storm-proof construction and impermeable sail fabric, the new Cargo Hauler Special Edition keeps goods dry when left out in the rain.
Color: White Diamond/Black
The new Cargo Hauler Special Edition will be available at retail 1/1/18.
Cargo Hauler Special Edition Highlights:
Cargo Hauler Special Edition:
A packable, hands free travel solution for every day or world-wide travel with upgraded features and striking looks.
Cargo Hauler Special Edition: (EC0A3KO8) MSRP $199
Capacity: 3665 cu in / 60 L; Weight: 2 lbs, 2 oz; Size: 26.5 x 10.25 x 13.5 in
- Waterproof UTerrain X-Pac™ Dimension Polyant sail fabric, used to manufacture high-performance sails, for lightweight carry and ultra-durable performance
- Padded ergonomic backpack straps feature moisture-wicking properties
- Quick-release aluminum snaphooks hooks secure backpack straps to Hauler
- Wrap handle snaps closed for convenient duffel carry
- Two end gear pockets, One end pocket has a baffled divider wall for capacity expansion, the other end pocket reverses to become a zippered storage pouch for the entire duffel.
- PU coated weather-resistant #10 zipper with storm flap to shield zipper from rain
- U-shaped lid for easy access to main compartment
- Thread lock through #10 lockable zippers and Central Lock Point to protect belongings against pickpocketing
- Internal zippered mesh pocket for organization
- Bottom is foam padded to help protect contents
- Rectangular silhouette is ideal for stacking
- Six heavy-duty lash points for attaching gear or tying bag to roof rack
- Duffel packs into end pocket for compact storage (see above)
ABOUT EAGLE CREEK
Since 1975, Eagle Creek has been passionate about designing premium travel gear that makes life easier when on the road. Empowering and equipping travelers for more than 40 years, Eagle Creek connects travelers with adventure, and bridges passion with possibility. Their luggage and essentials are innovatively designed to take on any travel challenges and make sure you are best equipped for your upcoming adventure. For more information, visit eaglecreek.com