Grassroots Connect buying show welcomes new exhibitors Cotopaxi, Helinox, Meridian Line, Simms and tasc Performance
April 3, 2018
Grassroots Connect to showcase five first-time vendor exhibitors at spring event in Knoxville (June 14-17, 2018)
KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE (April 3, 2018) – Grassroots Connect, the four-day national buying show for independent specialty retail, is welcoming five first-time vendor exhibitors to their spring event at the Knoxville Convention Center, June 14-17, 2018.
Hosted by Grassroots Outdoor Alliance, Grassroots Connect is an invitation-only show for independent specialty retailers, vendors, media and other guests from the outdoor industry community. The hyper-efficient format of Grassroots Connect is designed specifically to improve buying relationships, results and return on investment.
The upcoming June event is anticipated to attract record attendance with more than 900 attendees, including 121 storefronts and 109 essential outdoor industry exhibitors.
Every retail attendee at Grassroots Connect receives an individual pre-booked appointment calendar on their smartphone app. The calendars are created by show organizers, ensuring a full and efficient schedule of business-driven meetings for the entire week.
“Grassroots Connect was designed from the retailer experience outward to specifically improve buying results. The quality and diversity of exhibitors in all categories is really helping the event grow to become a nationally recognized incubator and testing ground for the outdoor industry,” said Devaki Murch, Grassroots Connect trade show manager.
New vendors scheduled to attend the next Connect include:
- Cotopaxi: Cotopaxi is a social mission-driven company with a design-driven collection of packs, water bottles, apparel, and gear. Raising money and elevating awareness for numerous humanitarian causes, Cotopaxi’s mission (“Do Good”) extends beyond sourcing, production and ethical business practices; it is reflected in all of the things Cotopaxi makes and the way they make them. (www.cotopaxi.com).
- Helinox: A global leader in innovative lightweight equipment & furniture, Helinox creates chairs, cots, tables, trekking poles and umbrellas for outdoor adventure and the outdoor lifestyle. Winner of numerous outdoor industry awards for smart design and quality manufacturing, Helinox is committed to strength, lightness and compactibility as well as environmentally friendly production techniques. Beginning in 2018, Helinox is now directly represented in North America. (www.helinox.com).
- Meridian Line: Meridian Line crafts artfully-minded, responsibly sourced products for dareful humans. Their growing collection includes breathable and stretchy performance denim and a diverse assortment of soulful graphic tees. (www.themeridianline.com)
- Simms Fishing Products: Established in 1980, Simms is the preeminent manufacturer of waders, outerwear and technical fishing apparel and accessories. The company is committed to fisheries conservation as well as US production and quality at their 80,000 square-foot manufacturing facility in Bozeman, Montana, the country’s only manufacturing facility for fishing waders. (www.simmsfishing.com)
- tasc Performance: New Orleans-based tasc Performance creates lifestyle apparel through innovative fabrics that deliver extreme comfort, superior softness, and perform without the use of chemicals. tasc Performance apparel is purposeful , versatile, and created with original, sustainable fabrics derived from the highest – quality natural sources including bamboo, merino wool, organic cotton and pima cotton. (www.tascperformance.com)
ABOUT GRASSROOTS OUTDOOR ALLIANCE:
Grassroots Outdoor Alliance is an active, independent network of 66 independent retailers working together for the health and growth of specialty outdoor retail. With 133 storefronts across 36 states, Grassroots member retailers currently total approximately $325 million in annual sales. Through data collection and analysis, direct member support, specialty events and deep vendor partnerships, Grassroots Outdoor Alliance is creating both a vision and roadmap for the long-term success of independent specialty retail. Grassroots Outdoor Alliance is also recognized as a catalyst for the success of its retailers and vendor partners; an advocate for specialty independent retail; a promoter of education and community within the specialty channel; and a key influencer of the national outdoor industry. For more information on Grassroots Outdoor Alliance, please go to www.grassrootsoutdoors.com.
ABOUT GRASSROOTS CONNECT:
Efficient, affordable and effective for every attendee, Grassroots Outdoor Alliance Connect is the only national show designed specifically to improve retail buying results. Scheduled as early as possible in the buying cycle, the growing Grassroots Connect attracts nearly 1,000 independent specialty retailers, vendor brands, media, and members of the outdoor industry community to each show. Connect provides a highly efficient opportunity for retailers, reps and vendors to present, discuss, plan and collect pre-season orders. Cost-effective and simple, Connect is both an incubator and testing ground for the greater outdoor industry. Invited retailers receive a per attendee reimbursement to offset their travel costs. Future confirmed dates for connect include Knoxville, Tennessee (June 14-17, 2018) and Denver, Colorado (Nov. 4-7, 2018). To request a retailer or vendor invitation, please go to https://connect.grassrootsoutdoors.com/exhibitors/