HEST Launches New Down Comforter to Elevate Camping Comforts
October 17, 2023
Available in single and double sizing, the new Down Comforter delivers on HEST’s mission to bring home comfort to the outdoors.
SEATTLE (October 17, 2023) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – HEST, the designer of premium sleep products built to bring the comfort of home to the outdoors, is excited to announce the launch of its newest product, the HEST Down Comforter. Designed to provide the comfort and warmth of your home comforter in a more packable, outdoor-ready design, the new HEST Down Comforter pairs perfectly with HEST’s mattresses of all sizes or shines all on its own. Whether its road trips or car-camping along sandy coastlines or rocky mountainsides, the HEST Down Comforter and the expanded bedding products further compliment the growing HEST sleep fleet to keep you cozy and comfortable throughout the night.
The new Comforter comes in two sizes: single and double. It features premium insulation of hydrophobic down paired with outdoor-ready, non-slip premium fabric. Smart features like Cinch & Tuck Footbox, top sheet loops, a tote storage bag, and a compression sack make the comforter easy to store, pack, and clean.
Key features highlighting home comfort, built for adventure of the HEST Comforter include:
- Hydrophobic Responsible Down – Made with hydrophobic duck down with 650 fill to provide maximum insulation and warmth. The down meets the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Recommended for 40 degrees fahrenheit and above.
- Premium Fabric – Not a sleeping bag and more than a blanket: the washable, soft fabric is chosen for its comfort features that are quiet to the touch and movement, while slightly textured to avoid slipping off you constantly throughout the night.
- Cinch & Tuck Footbox – Simple toggle system to keep things tucked and tidy while providing draft protection and prevents one partner hogging too much as they shift positions throughout the night.
- Outdoor Ready – The 40D Polyester fabric is coated with a PFC free finish, so it’s dirt & water resistant.
- Single Specs: Open Dimensions – 58 x 88″ / Stuffed – 8 x 12” / Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Double Specs: Open Dimensions – 80 x 88″ / Stuffed – 9 x 14″ / Weight: 3.8 lbs.
“We’ve been working on this idea since we launched the original Sleep System in 2019, which offered new benefits to the outdoors with unparalleled temperature regulation, pressure point relief, and insulation from the ground. We knew we needed something better than a sleeping bag to complement and maximize our mattress’s benefits. The HEST Comforter was designed to do just that: provide unmatched comfort, warmth, and portability for a more comfortable sleep experience,” said Aaron Ambuske, founder and CEO of HEST.
While it was designed to further enhance entire sleep set-up solutions for the outdoors, the HEST Comforter has key, integral technologies that are based on the science of better sleep:
- The HEST Comforter supports thermoregulation during the night by allowing glabrous skin (hands and feet) to be exposed to reduce temperatures – the body should reach the lowest temperature three hours before waking.
- The Footbox helps keep the comforter in place during the night, especially with partners who typically hog the bedding.
- The HEST Comforter enables HEST mattress benefits – stretch nylon conforms to foam to offer pressure point relief, body alignment and temperature regulation.
HEST announced its launch into bedding (fitted sheets and pillow cases) this spring to help make sleep even more comfortable with its portable, adventure-ready fitted sheets and pillow cases. To further enhance this category, HEST is simultaneously introducing Top Sheets with the Comforter launch. Just like all of HEST’s products, the HEST Top Sheet is crafted to withstand outdoor elements such as dirt, moisture, and temperature fluctuations, making them ideal for camping trips, beach outings, or simply enjoying a peaceful afternoon nap in the backyard. The Top Sheet integrates with the Down Comforter and boasts a breathable soft stretch fabric that provides extra comfort and convenience to the HEST Down Comforter.
The HEST Comforter is now available for purchase in both sizes on HEST’s website: the single for $299 and the double for $399. The HEST Top Sheets are also now available: the single for $89 and the double for $109. For more information, visit www.hest.com.
HEST brings the comforts of home to the great outdoors by producing premium sleep products that build community around camping. HEST develops and delivers high-performance, low-maintenance solutions for camping and travel. HEST was founded in 2019 by outdoor industry product engineer Aaron Ambuske who was looking for a better night’s sleep when spending nights outdoors. Today, HEST is committed to building a line of products that takes all the best things from our beds at home into portable, adventure-ready forms. HEST revels in the idea of enabling more people to get outdoors and enjoy all that they have to offer, especially after a good night’s sleep.
Learn more about HEST at www.hest.com.