Merrell Announces Spring/Summer 2019 Trail Running Collection
February 27, 2019
ROCKFORD, Mich. — Merrell, the leading outdoor brand that provides all you really need to discover the simple yet profound power of the trail, has announced their Spring/Summer 2019 trail running line with technical features designed to deliver the most personalized connection to the trail based on personal preference.
New Products for Spring/Summer 2019
Merrell knows consumers hitting the trail vary in their preferred amount of connection to the ground. On Merrell.com, consumers will easily be able to sort their options based on Light, Moderate, or Max connection. The below five trail runners just launched in select retail stores and on Merrell.com for Spring/Summer 2019:
- Built in the Merrell Test Lab where Merrell’s most technical innovations are born, the MTL Cirrus is a pinnacle racer, designed for and tested by elite athletes with a passion for skyrunning. Ultra-lightweight and made from the highest-quality materials, the TrailProtect™ rock plate stabilize athletes during rugged ascents and descents.
- Created by studying the foot in motion, the Trail Glove 5 is a trainer designed to enhance the foot’s natural ability to stabilize the body during rapid changes in movement. The launch of the Trail Glove 5 brings a revolutionary update to the barefoot category and while this shoe is designed for training, the Trail Glove franchise has been favorite amongst the barefoot community since its inception in 2011.
- Designed specifically for women, the Antora is a protective trail runner made with Q Form® 2 Stability technology and a Vibram® outsole for confidence on moderate terrain. It’s narrower in the heel, higher in the arch, and roomier in the toes—things that generally differ in women’s feet.
- A men’s specific trail runner, the Nova is built for running on moderate trails. This protective shoe features shock-absorbing foam cushioning and a TrailProtect™ rock plate for comfort on longer runs over debris and obstacles.
- The Momentous is a protective and durable shoe for running on moderate trails. With both men’s and women’s versions, the Momentous is the right option for those who want a more connected, fast experience on the trails with debris and obstacles.
“Our Spring/Summer 2019 collection brings an important milestone in Merrell innovation, uniting years of experience designing for the trail, foot-in-motion science, elite athlete experiences, and additional findings from the Merrell Test Lab,” said Shaun Bohnsack, Sr. Product Director at Merrell. “This collection delivers a range of options for all trail runners, including those just starting to discover the power of the trail.”
Run Connected Blog Series
As a brand born on the trail, Merrell is encouraging and educating runners and non-runners alike to hit the trails for their workouts. Through the new Run Connected blog series on Merrell.com, consumers will be served a variety of information from key industry experts on topics such as the anatomy of a trail running shoe and trail running terminology to the benefits of feeling connected to nature during runs.
Anna Frost Film
Merrell Ambassador and decorated trail runner, Anna Frost, is entering a new phase of her life: motherhood. An upcoming film produced by James Q Martin, tells the story of Frosty, as Anna is affectionately known in the trail running community, and how a world-renowned runner hits the trails for the same reasons many of us do: to connect to nature, community, and to herself. The longer format film will be announced in late spring, but you can catch a glimpse from the trailer HERE.
Ragnar Trail Series – Footwear Sponsor
In 2018, Merrell announced their partnership with the Ragnar Trail Series as the official footwear sponsor of the 2019 and 2020 seasons. Merrell will have a presence at all the U.S. and Canada Ragnar Trail events, including interactive experiences and footwear demos of their expansive trail running line.
For additional information, please reach the Merrell contacts below.
Merrell® exists to give you all you really need to discover the simple yet profound power of the trail. We believe the trail is for everyone. Our goal is to provide thoughtfully designed, rigorously tested products that over-deliver on performance, versatility and durability. Because when you’ve got air in your lungs and good shoes on your feet, you’ve got everything you need. Visit Merrell.com or follow us on social at @merrell and @merrelloutside.