Mustang Survival Launches 50th Anniversary Celebrations at Vancouver International Boat Show
January 18, 2017
Award-nominated EP Ocean Racing Collection will also be on display
Burnaby, BC – Mustang Survival®, the North American brand known for innovative solutions for the most demanding marine environments, is kicking off its 50th anniversary celebrations at the Vancouver International Boat Show on Thursday, January 19. The celebrations include a “Wear Your Mustang” contest, 50 Days of Giveaways and an in-booth anniversary party.
Boat show attendees and others are invited to join the Company in the:
- Wear Your Mustang Contest – Wear your Mustang Survival product to their booth at the Vancouver International Boat Show (booth #265) to receive anniversary “swag” and to be entered to win a new Mustang Survival PFD. Extra entries will be provided for the oldest, dirtiest PFDs (in working condition) we see!
- 50 Days of Giveaways – Visit http://www.mustangsurvival.com/50years to see all the ways you can enter to win Mustang Survival products. Starting January 19, Mustang Survival will be giving away a product a day for 50 days! To enter on Day 1 – January 19, visit Mustang Survival on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, or in their booth at the Vancouver International Boat Show.
- Anniversary Party – Stop by booth #265 at the Vancouver International Boat Show after 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 19 for free cupcakes, door prizes and a record-spinning DJ. Extra “swag” will be provided for those that attend wearing their Mustang Survival products!
“We are extremely proud of our heritage and want to share this celebration with all of our customers who have trusted the Mustang Survival brand with their lives over the last 50 years. It is only fitting to kick things off at the Vancouver International Boat Show, just a few blocks away from the Company’s original Gastown factory,” says Jason Leggatt, Vice President and General Manager of Mustang Survival. “The show also represents a leap into the future for the company, with the introduction of our new technical apparel products as demonstrated in the EP Ocean Racing Collection.”
Within the Mustang Survival booth, attendees will be able to explore and try on the EP Ocean Racing Collection. The Collection was worn by the crew aboard the super-maxi yacht Comanche and her record-setting journeys, and was also recently featured in Red Bull’s Flying on Water mission. Designed for the most elite and extreme ocean sailors, the EP Ocean Racing Collection leverages materials and technologies used in many Mustang Survival military and tactical products. The Collection features:
- EP 38 Ocean Racing Inflatable Vest – A race-ready vest that is compliant with World Sailing (formerly ISAF) requirements and Transport Canada/USCG approvals. Features Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) for reliable inflation in extreme conditions, stowable crotch straps and spray hood, as well as AIS compatibility. Engineered for the elite ocean racer with premium design features that enable optimal performance.
- EP 6.5 Ocean Racing Outerwear – The DAME Award-nominated outerwear collection designed for elite ocean racing sailors uses military-grade Gore-Tex® fabric for robust breathability, durability and resistance to delamination. The collection includes a dry suit, jacket, salopette, and spray smock with Gore-Tex Pro. The products incorporate premium ingredient components, including AquaSeal® waterproof zippers, Cohaesive™ cinch adjusters and Closed Comfort System™ neck seals for pinnacle performance in nasty conditions.
- Regulate Base Layers – Crafted with a blend of Merino wool and synthetic yarns, the fabric of Mustang Survival’s Regulate Base Layers touts the benefits of both fibers, designed for the unique demands of the nautical user. The Regulate Base Layer system is available in 175 weight and 230 weight tops and bottoms.
- Bluewater Gear Haulers – Perfect for waterlife day trips or extended overnight excursions, the Bluewater Gear Haulers feature weatherproof construction with urethane-coated zippers and a 210-denier coated nylon shell. The Bluewater Gear Hauler series is offered in 55-, 30- and 15-liter volumes. All Bluewater Gear Haulers feature a Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE) panel for custom gear configurations. The 55-liter Bluewater Gear Hauler uses water-resistant construction with separate compartments for wet and dry gear. The 30-liter version features a roll-top waterproof compartment and water-resistant construction with a laptop sleeve, while the 15-liter Gear Hauler is hydration-compatible with water-resistant construction.
- Greenwater Gear Haulers – Designed to be tied down and withstand the most violent conditions the ocean can bring, the Greenwater Gear Haulers are 100% waterproof with Aquaseal waterproof zippers, and are available in 35- and 65-liter sizes.
- Bluewater Roll Top Dry Bags – Available in 5-, 10-, 15-, 20- and 35-liter sizes, Mustang Survival’s Roll Top Dry Bags are designed with a unique rectangular shape for easier packing and stuffing, in combination with other gear haulers in the line. Roll Top Dry Bags also feature a convenient ID window for labeling.
- EP 3250 Racing Glove – Engineered for wet work with synthetic leather on the fingers and a silicon grip closure, the EP 3250 Racing Gloves offer extreme durability and performance. The EP 3250 gloves are available in full finger and open finger styles.
For more information on these products, visit www.mustangsurvival.com/epoceanracing.
About Mustang Survival
Through constant innovation and inspired technical solutions, Mustang Survival strives to bolster performance, encourage exploration and inspire adventure in the marine environment. We are committed to the protection and enhancement of those who push themselves to extremes. Mustang Survival is part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.mustangsurvival.com.
Mustang Survival. Saving lives since 1967.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a broad range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, Med-Eng®, ABA®, Second Chance®, VIEVU®, Mustang Survival®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, Protech® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group’s mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.
For more information about The Safariland Group and these products, please visit www.safariland.com.