MYSTERY RANCH and Carryology Team Up to Launch a Highly-Anticipated Update: The Unicorn 2.0
October 26, 2023
The two-fold launch includes two versions of the ultra-exclusive Unicorn 2.0
Bozeman, Mont. – October 26, 2023/OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Mystery Ranch, the industry-leading pack company built on a heritage of comfortable load carriage, function and durability, is pleased to announce the launch of its fourth collaboration with Carryology, the media platform devoted to “exploring better ways to carry.” From these two design juggernauts comes the Unicorn 2.0, a mythical product, blending innovation, superior craftsmanship, and cutting-edge design in perfect harmony.
Launching as two separate drops, the Unicorn 2.0 XDT (MSRP $1,200) had almost 2,000 hopefuls sign up within minutes to win the chance to purchase one of these 30 exclusive packs. The Unicorn 2.0 (MSRP $375) will be available to purchase on Oct 31.
“As much as we would like to, we’ve never built the perfect pack. It’s something that we strive towards and something that we doubt we will ever do, but still, we strive,” said Dana Gleason III, director of product at Mystery Ranch. “The packs that we’ve created with Carryology have been designed with an eye to making a better pack no matter the cost. Building a made-in-Bozeman version of Unicorn 2.0 was all about giving us the freedom and control to explore what we could do as a company. A pack that doesn’t have to make compromises, and gets us closer to that perfect pack.”
This week, the Unicorn 2.0 XDT launched to an exclusive group of VIP customers, who were then entered into a random lottery to purchase one of 30 packs. Every strand stitched, every buckle fastened, every one these packs was meticulously crafted in the USA at Mystery Ranch’s headquarters in Bozeman, Montana. It even features a titanium Mystery Ranch x Carryology morale patch.
No stranger to the overwhelming fervor from the carry community, the Mystery Ranch team set out to make this hyper-exclusive launch a smooth experience for these loyal fans.
“When we knew we were going to be launching this exclusive product with such a limited quantity, we knew we’d have to re-imagine the process,” said Michelle Fleming, marketing director at Mystery Ranch. “In the past, these collabs have crashed our systems due to the number of folks trying to purchase a pack. We know there’s a lot of fans who are disappointed not to get their hands on the ultra-exclusive Unicorn 2.0 XDT, which is why we’re thrilled to be able to offer the Unicorn 2.0, which features so much of the same design and craftsmanship and was made with our incredible partners in Vietnam. We expect this version to sell out with just as much enthusiasm.”
The Unicorn 2.0 will launch Oct 31 at 1pm MDT. Customers will be able to purchase at www.mysteryranch.com/unicorn
Unicorn 2.0 XDT and Unicorn 2.0 Product Details:
- Main Materials X51 Xpac & Dyneema 150D
- Volume 19L; Height 20.75”; Width 10.25”; Depth 9.75”; Weight 4.06 pounds
- Stowable Stick-it & Daisy Chain to attach gear, essentials, and tools seamlessly, with an accessory integration system that’s as functional as it is elegant
- Cobra Buckles – Exuding unparalleled strength and a sleek aesthetic, these buckles are a testament to durability and efficiency
- Outer side pockets large enough for a water bottle, with internal detail pockets small enough for stashing glasses, pens, notepad, etc.
- Lid 4 x 4 loop label MR x Carryology for attaching morale patches
- Lid internal pocket has starlight material to keep glasses safe and key attachment
- Hypalon pull tabs & zipper pull
- Laptop sleeve with MOLLE for attaching accessories
- Coated chain BP laptop access
- 2 internal mesh pockets
- V-lock sternum buckle
- Adjustable yoke with starlight material
- Attachable waist belt web
- The Unicorn 2.0 XDT features an Exclusive Titanium Patch – Adorning each backpack is a once-in-a-lifetime Titanium patch, intricately designed with the intertwined symbols of MYSTERY RANCH and Carryology.
- The Unicorn 2.0 XDT features a Made in the USA label
About MYSTERY RANCH
Founded in 2000, MYSTERY RANCH is committed to making the best load-bearing gear in the world. A product-driven company from the beginning, MYSTERY RANCH designs packs for the job that needs to get done, for the people committed to doing it, with the best materials available and the most durable construction methods that exist. For more, please visit: www.mysteryranch.com #BuiltfortheMission