Nomadix Repurposed Over 16,900,000 Plastic Bottles in 2022 According to Recently Released Social Purpose Corporation Report
March 1, 2023
San Clemente, Calif. – March 1, 2023 /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Nomadix, a social purpose corporation and makers of The Only Towel You Need®, made from post-consumer recycled plastics, announced today the results of its 2022 Social Purpose Corporation Report. Notable 2022 accomplishments include: diverting more than 16,900,000 plastic bottles from landfills, preventing more than 2,300,000 kilograms of CO2 from entering the atmosphere, saving more than 380,000,000 gallons of wastewater, and conserving more than 2,800,000 kilowatts of energy.
“Reimagining the way textiles are made is no small feat, but the health and sustainability of our planet will continue to be our number one priority,” said co-founder and CEO of Nomadix, Zack Helminiak. “We are paving a path toward a more sustainable future and are proud of the progress we accomplished in 2022.”
In addition, the report details progress specific to Nomadix’s 2022 Climate Commitment including:
- A decrease in all airfreight by 45% in 2022 from 89 tco2e to 56 tco2e
- A savings of more than 17 kilowatts in emissions by switching all headquarter energy usage to 50% solar energy
- Phased out 90% of virgin plastic by replacing it with rPET or recycled and FSC certified paper goods
Recognizing the importance of building community to advance sustainability, Nomadix’s network of partner organizations in 2022 included:
- Brave Trails: Welcomed over 400 LGBTQ+ youth and purchased land to build their camp and community space.
- 1% For the Planet: Members donated over $66 million to environmental solutions.
- The Ecology Center: Donated 56,000 pounds of food to local families facing food insecurity.
- The Conservation Alliance: Permanently protected over 178,000 acres of land and river miles
- The Billfish Foundation: Worked worldwide to advance the conservation of billfish and other species.
- Surfrider Foundation: Achieved 775 victories concerning plastic pollution, ocean protection, clean water, and more.
Nomadix expanded its product offerings in 2022 with the Bandana Towel and Puffer Blanket, both made from post-consumer, recycled materials to further reduce its impact on the planet. To see the brand’s entire product line or for more information about its Social Purpose Corporation Report, visit nomadix.co.
California-based Nomadix launched in 2015 with The Only Towel You Need® – a multi-purpose towel that performs for any activity, including travel, yoga, boating, and at the beach. Nomadix understands that the environmental footprint of the products people buy will have an impact on the planet that lasts longer than we will. A commitment to discovering durable, multi-purpose, responsibly manufactured solutions that will leave the planet better than we found it is part of its ethos – Own less. Do more. Nomadix is a member of 1% for The Planet and is Climate Neutral Certified. Today, Nomadix is carried in major retailers in the United States, including REI, West Marine and Boardriders, and is distributed in 31 countries around the world. Visit www.nomadix.co for more information.