Outdoor Project Announces Its 2018 Block Party Festival Series
April 19, 2018
Parties will be hosted in nine cities across the United States and benefit local non-profits
- Parties will be hosted in nine cities across the United States
- Block parties include live music, gear demos, and great beer
- Each event benefits a local non-profit working on outdoor conservation, education or access
PORTLAND, OREGON (April 19, 2018) – Outdoor adventure media platform Outdoor Project—found online at outdoorproject.com—publicly announced today the schedule and headline sponsors of its 2018 Block Party Festival Series. The festivals kick off in Austin, Texas, on May 19 on a nine-city tour across the United States. National sponsors include KEEN Footwear and Zeal Optics, with 1% for the Planet as the national non-profit partner.
The summer festivals offer partner companies an opportunity to connect with Outdoor Project’s community and share their culture, brand, and commitment to local outdoor-related nonprofits. The cities, dates, brewery location, and non-profit beneficiaries of each party on the 2018 festival tour are as follows:
- May 19, 2018: Austin, Texas, at Hops & Grain Brewing, benefiting Explore Austin
- June 2, 2018: San Diego, California, at Green Flash Brewing, benefiting WILDCOAST
- June 23, 2018: Portland, Oregon, at Ecliptic Brewing, benefiting 1% for the Planet
- June 30, 2018: Seattle, Washington, at Optimism Brewing, benefiting Wild Salmon Center
- July 14, 2018: Denver, Colorado, at Denver Beer Company, benefiting Environmental Learnings for Kids
- August 4, 2018: Salt Lake City, Utah, at Uinta Brewing, benefiting Save Our Canyons
- September 15, 2018: Minneapolis, Minnesota, location and non-profit partner to be announced
- October 6, 2018: Brooklyn, New York, location and non-profit partner to be announced
- October 20, 2018: Charleston, South Carolina, location and non-profit partner to be announced
Outdoor Project has partnered with these amazing breweries in its fifth year of summer festivals. Each one is an all-day block party featuring delicious beers, great music, local food carts, games and activities, and sponsorship from a mix of brands, businesses and non-profits that are the fuel for amazing outdoor adventures.
National Sponsor KEEN Footwear will be on-site at every block party with its Better Takes Action campaign, which registers voters and educates participants about causes related to the environment and our public lands and provides opportunities to take direct action by contacting elected officials at the event. “We set out with a simple goal: to inspire all to action for our fans, our community, and our employees to engage their civic voice to protect open spaces and drive positive outcomes,” said Tyler LaMotte, Chief Marketing Officer of KEEN. “As a brand dedicated to making leading products for our fans to experience life outside, the aim is that together we can take action today for a better tomorrow.”
Outdoor Project Co-Founder and CEO Tyson Gillard explains, “Outdoor Project’s Block Party Festivals are a natural complement to OutdoorProject.com. They create a truly unique grassroots experience that brings brands, retailers, organizations, non-profits and all of us outdoor enthusiasts together in one place. Last year the events raised over $24,000 for local outdoor non-profits. We are thrilled to have supported such deserving organizations over the past few years while having so much fun.”
Josh Millward, ZEAL Optics Events Marketing Specialist and National Event Sponsor, noted that: “The Outdoor Project events are the summer hit for any outdoor brand wanting to gain more exposure! The crew goes above and beyond in making it a successful weekend for everyone involved, plus they know how to throw a damn good party!”
About Outdoor Project
Outdoor Project is an outdoor enthusiast and adventure travel lifestyle site. Our mission is to empower our audience with all of the resources they need to explore the world outside. As a full-service media publishing site, we offer a 360 approach to advertising and marketing solutions.
We are driven by our passion to deliver creative, solution-oriented opportunities that effectively engage our audience, and the outdoor community.
Outdoor Project, an Oregon Venture Fund and Cascade Angels backed company, can be found at outdoorproject.com.
Jared Kennedy, Co-Founder + COO