Outdoor Research Fall 2023 Collection Guided By Trusted Gear for you to Thrive Outside Mantra
January 11, 2023
New Deviator Collection pairs groundbreaking materials with athlete-led designs to lead the way forward in apparel and gloves for aerobic pursuits in cold weather.
SEATTLE (Jan. 11, 2023) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Leaning into a new mantra that reflects brand roots four-decades deep, Outdoor Research (OR) releases a Fall 2023 collection that showcases a wide range of new technology and athlete-led design. The brand’s guiding ethos — Trusted Gear for you to Thrive Outside — is a direct nod to the strong bond between product creation and consumer needs that has existed at OR since the company was founded in 1981.
New products in the Fall 2023 Collection showcase how Outdoor Research continues to lead the way forward in the active-insulation category — apparel and gloves designed for warmth and comfort during stop-and-go activities in cold weather. An industry leader in this category for over a decade, Outdoor Research designed its new Deviator tops, bottoms and gloves to continue to move the goalpost forward on how effectively apparel can perform during aerobic activity in cold temperatures.
The Deviator Hoodie uses an innovative new insulation technology called VerticalX Octa — an eight-sided, hollow-core polyester fiber in the center surrounded by a loftier polyester — paired with hybrid-mapped fabrics. VerticalX Octa is more effective for active use because it doesn’t require an interior liner fabric and has an open structure, both of which allow it to breathe more effectively. It’s 50 percent lighter than traditional polyester insulation, has an outstanding warmth-to-weight ratio, is superb at wicking moisture, and is soft against the skin. This design creates a package that retains crucial warmth yet breathes and sheds heat when the user is on the move.
Applying the same ethos to the hands, the Deviator Pro and Deviator Gloves address the conundrum that lightweight gloves often aren’t warm and weather protective enough, but stepping up to something warmer comes at the expense of dexterity. The Deviator Gloves offer breathability and dexterity more akin to a lightweight glove, harnessing key technologies to add warmth. On the back of hand, X-Reflex technology combines multiple layers of heat reflective material with synthetic insulation, which reflects heat from the wearer back into the glove while still allowing breathability. The Deviator Pro uses another key technology called Y-Warm, offering warmth that’s similar or even superior to high-performing Aerogel, but — because it’s a fabric and flexes easily — can be integrated much more effectively in gloves. Critically, Y-warm is highly breathable, unlike Aerogel which doesn’t breathe at all. The Deviator Pro Gloves use Y-Warm on the palms and palm side of the fingers.
The Deviator Wind Pants complete the kit. Created for activities like cold-weather running, hiking, snowshoeing, or nordic skiing, they balance wind protection with breathability. The front of the legs and ankles use a knit fabric with a wind-blocking membrane for weather protection. On the back of the legs, a polyester spandex fabric with a brushed knit interior provides stretch and breathability.
While the Deviator program leads the charge in new technology for Fall 2023, Outdoor Research also continues to expand its offerings across the board in skiing, sportswear, gloves and hats — all categories where the brand has decades of experience.
- In skiing and snowboarding, Outdoor Research introduces fun and functional new and updated styles like the Snowcrew Anorak and the resort-focused Tungsten II jacket and pant, along with the Snowcrew Down Jacket, the warmest ski jacket OR has ever built. R+D also focused on incremental improvement of longtime customer favorites like the Trailbreaker Tour Pant.
- Always a category leader in insulation, OR’s new styles for Fall 23 include the men’s Coldfront LT Down Hoodie, the most versatile down layer in OR’s collection, and the women’s Coze Lux Parka, which pairs serious winter warmth with premium recycled-content shell fabrics.
- Technical sportswear has driven OR forward over recent seasons with a range of new styles. Fall 2023 continues that trajectory with fresh new pieces like the Vigor Grid, Mega Trail Mix and Grayland fleece collections.
- In handwear, the new Commuter Windstopper Gloves offer a close-fitting, dexterous glove that balances weather protection with breathability. OR also adds the Sureshot Pro Gloves, comfortable, close-fitting, stretchy and tactile gloves that are warm and waterproof. The Stormtracker Sensor Gloves are an evolved customer favorite offering improved dexterity in what was already an incredible tactile lightweight glove for all-around use.
- Always a leader in headwear, Outdoor Research offers a range of new styles, including the functional merino wool Alpine Onset 240 Beanie, the stylish and ski-friendly Verbier Beanie, made from recycled-content polyester, and the Shadow Insulated 5-Panel Cap, which pairs the warmth of a beanie pairs with the sun protection of a brimmed cap.
- In past seasons and for Fall 2023, the Outdoor Research R+D team is continuously ramping up efforts to increase the amount of sustainable and recycled materials in Outdoor Research pieces throughout the collection.
- Outdoor Research also continues leading the way in inclusive outdoor apparel with the most comprehensive program of plus and extended size technical apparel in the industry.
Previews of the Fall 2023 collection are taking place with dealers currently, with products becoming available to consumers in early Fall 2023.
About Outdoor Research
Since 1981, Outdoor Research has created trusted apparel, accessories, and equipment for you to thrive outside. Our award-winning outdoor gear is meticulously researched and tested for outdoor enthusiasts and military users around the globe. Grounded in our values of curiosity, passion, innovation, collaboration, and community, we strive to create space for all in the outdoors. We celebrate wins outside at every level together with our ambassadors, non-profit partners, and employees. For more information, visit www.outdoorresearch.com.
Media Contact: Verde Brand Communications | (307) 200-7003 | email@example.com
– X X X –