Stio Partners with GORE-TEX® and Launches Largest Ski Program to Date with Fall 2020 Collection
October 5, 2020
JACKSON, Wyo. (October 5, 2020) – Inspired by life in the Tetons, Jackson Hole mountain brand Stio makes premium technical and lifestyle apparel to cover the full range of mountain pursuits. Drawing inspiration from its roots in world-class mountains and legendary ski culture, Stio has released its most dynamic ski collection to date and first partnership with GORE-TEX technology. Stio also introduces new lifestyle and active wear to cover all aspects of life off the slopes, as well as revising existing programs with more sustainable, preferred materials.
This fall 2020, Stio is partnering with GORE-TEX fabric technology for select new ski styles. Jackson Hole is known for its extreme weather conditions, which is why Stio chose to partner with the most recognized fabric technology in the world. GORE-TEX technology with its Guaranteed To Keep You Dry Promise™ offers best-in-class performance and protection for the Stio community. Some key styles from this collection include:
- The Men’s Objective Pro Jacket and Objective Pro Bib offer best-in-class protection with recycled GORE-TEX 3L Pro bluesign® approved fabric. These styles are Stio’s newest and most technical shells, built for big mountain lines, backcountry adventures and significant exposure. The Objective Pro Jacket has two oversized pockets to stow essentials and has a pass-thru chest pocket that allows instant access to bibs or base layers. This jacket has Cohaesive cord locks at the hood and hem for one handed adjustment and is fully seam-sealed for complete waterproof and windproof protection. The Objective Pro Bibs are extremely breathable with a stretch woven upper core and has two-way side zips to dump heat for custom climate control.
- Built for harsh elements and deep storms, the Women’s Credential Jacket and Credential Pant seal out unpredictable mountain weather without compromising warmth, comfort and stretch. The foundation for the Credential collection is GORE-TEX 3L Warm technology, a waterproof and breathable fabric, warmed with a soft brushed backer.
- Available for both men and women, the Doublecharge Collection is built for cold and stormy ski days at the resort. The Doublecharge styles are built with bluesign® approved GORE-TEX 2L fabric, a recycled waterproof and breathable technology. The Doublecharge Jacket is made with recycled polyester, and the Doublecharge Pant is made with recycled nylon for added durability. The jacket and pant are made with PrimaLoft® Silver Eco insulation for breathable warmth.
“Jackson is home to rugged terrain, big mountain skiing and extreme weather conditions, and this year we have curated a tight line designed for the variety of ways in which we ride.” Said Liz Barrett, brand director at Stio. “Partnering with GORE-TEX this season is an exciting step for Stio, and we’re thrilled for our customers to experience our most innovative ski collection to date.”
Additional key collections and styles from Stio’s fall/winter ’20 line include:
- This season, Stio is working towards using more sustainably sourced fabrics to reduce its environmental footprint. Stio has updated its bestselling fleece programs, the Sweetwater and Wilcox collections, with 100% supply-chain verified recycled polyester. Some new styles in this collection include the women’s Sweetwater Fleece Half Zip, the women’s Sweetwater Fleece Coat and men’s Wilcox Fleece Vest.
- Stio has expanded its flannel offerings with two new styles for fall 2020. The Hutkeeper Flannel, available for both menand women, is Stio’s heavyweight, organic cotton flannel perfect for hut trips and spring ski sessions. For the colder winter days, the new Buckhorn Insulated Snap Shirt has Thermore Ecodown 100% recycled synthetic insulation for added warmth and performance. Available for both men and women, the Buckhorn is made with organic brushed cotton and a polyester lining for easy layering, making this flannel perfect for backyard bonfires and tailgates.
- Trail running does not have to end in the summer, and Stio’s new Glide Tech Tight for men and women, are formulated to enhance wicking and reduce odor during colder high alpine workouts. The Glide Tech tights have thigh stow pockets to stash phones, keys or cards while on the go. Built with brush-resistant nylon and spandex flexibility, these tights are durable and made to withstand high-endurance training sessions.
- The Men’s Vescent Softshell Jacket redefines softshell, as it packs weather resistance, temperature regulation and liberating mobility. This jacket is a great alternative to a fully sealed shell, as it’s tough, wind-stopping and bonded to midweight fleece for warmth.
To view Stio’s entire fall 2020 line, visit stio.com or one of the Stio Mountain Studio® retail locations in Jackson Hole, Teton Village, Wyoming, or its location on Main Street in Park City, Utah.
Headquartered in the heart of the Tetons in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Stio® was founded to inspire balanced living in connection with nature. Time spent on trails, in rivers and on summits inspires their beautiful, functional outdoor apparel. Their progressive, premium products are designed to meet the demands of the epic and everyday moments of outdoor life and can be found at stio.com, in their catalogs and at the Stio Mountain Studio® retail stores in Jackson and Teton Village, Wyoming and Park City, Utah.