The Head Of The Charles® Regatta Announces The Best Places to Watch The 2018 Competition
October 15, 2018
On Oct. 20th and 21st 10,600 rowers from 800 clubs and schools representing 24 nations and 43 U.S. states will compete on the Charles River
CAMBRIDGE, MA. (October 15, 2018) – The Head Of The Charles Regatta (HOCR) today shared the best places to watch this year’s competition along the banks of the Charles River.
Collegiate to champion-level rowers are busily preparing for the largest two-day Regatta in the world. This year’s competition, set to occur the weekend of October 20th -21st, will bring thousands of spectators to the historic Charles River. If you’re planning to attend the Regatta, you may want to check out these go-to spots for the best viewing experiences:
- Eliot Bridge Enclosure presented by Aston Martin – This ticketed hospitality tent, situated alongside the river’s perimeter, gives attendees the opportunity to enjoy a waterfront breakfast and lunch. The venue also features a cash bar (in addition to the two free drinks the adult admission ticket provides), comfortable viewing arrangements, and a semi-private experience. This year, the Eliot Bridge Enclosure will once again be presented by Aston Martin. Tickets may be purchased at www.hocr.org, spectators/places to watch.
- Reunion Village presented by Delta Air Lines– This location, at the mid-point of the race course between the Weeks Footbridge and the Anderson Bridge on the Boston shoreline. , Spectators may purchase Sierra Nevada beer products as well as assorted food options while engaging with each other in a lively atmosphere. If you are looking for the real weekend party stop of the “RV,” ‘cause this is where you want to be.
More Top Spots:
- The Charles River Basin/BU Bridge —The race starts here! This busy and exciting base – for fans and athletes alike – is perfect if you want to take in the beginning of all the action.
- The Weeks Footbridge — Halfway to the finish line! Come to this bridge, which marks the course’s midpoint, for outstanding views and enthusiastic crowds. Make sure to arrive early because it is a popular site. This year, HOCR sponsor Harvard Pilgrim Health Care will be debuting a human powered cider press which will be powered via 7 bicycles.
- The Weld Exhibition – Some claim that this is the ideal location to watch the Head Of The Charles Regatta. Situated next to various food vendors and pop-up shops, you are guaranteed to be entertained – whether rowers are within view or not. Pick up some seasonal swag from Brooks Brothers, a steak sandwich from Ruth’s Chris Steak House, sliders from Boston Burger Company and more.
- Attager Row: Rowing and Fitness Expo — This is the retail hub of the Regatta located near the race course finish line, located near the Christian Herter Park in Brighton. At the Expo you will find 40+ rowing related product manufacturers along with corporate partners such, Clif Bar and Brooks Brothers – which sells timeless Regatta apparel. Also, for the first time at the Regatta, Aston Martin will be sponsoring a social media tent for athlete interviews, pictures, and of course, selfies.
Regardless of where you watch the competition, be sure to reserve time to cruise past other event sponsors and patrons’ tents to learn about their services, purchase official Head of the Charles Regatta merchandise, and enjoy free samples.
Since 2010, BNY Mellon has been a strong supporter of the iconic race weekend. For a complete list of sponsors, click here.
ABOUT HEAD OF THE CHARLES REGATTA
Since its origin in 1965, the Head Of The Charles® Regatta has welcomed the world’s best crew teams to the banks of the Charles River for the ultimate two-day rowing competition. Preparing for an event that attracts over 11,000 athletes and thousands of spectators requires a great deal of preparation. The HOCR consists of a 15 member Board of Directors, six of which are in charge of race management and overseeing an eleven-member race committee (including two race co-chairs). The race committee meets year-round to discuss the operational and logistical details of the event. They are assisted by 115 leading volunteers on 30 separate committees that begin meeting weekly in the fall. A full-time, professional staff of four, headquartered in the Cambridge Boat Club, works year-round to plan the event, obtain sponsorship and communicate with the rowing community. Head Of The Charles® is a registered trademark of the Cambridge Boat Club, 2 Gerry’s Landing Road, Cambridge, MA. For more information, call Head Of The Charles at (617) 868-6200, email firstname.lastname@example.org