Women’s Outdoor Summit ‘21 Unveils Event Schedule and Opens Registration
February 17, 2021
US Congresswoman Deb Haaland will deliver welcome message
SAN FRANCISCO – February 17, 2021– The Women’s Outdoor Summit released its lineup of speakers, workshops and panels and opened registration for its three-day virtual event. The summit which is slated for Thursday, March 11 to Saturday, March 13, 2021 is geared toward women of the outdoor industry to connect and learn from one another. Click here to register.
In addition to the welcome from Congresswoman Deb Haaland, U.S. Representative, New Mexico and Interior Secretary Nominee, Jaylyn Gough, founder of Native Women’s WIlderness, will be facilitating a time of land acknowledgement. The schedule of the summit also features a phenomenal lineup of speakers, panels, workshops and roundtables. The keynote speakers include:
- Founders of Intersectional Environmentalist
- Carolyn Finney, storyteller, author and cultural geographer
- Cristal Cisneros, justice, equity and inclusion consultant and Ted Talk presenter
Jenny Bruso of Unlikely Hikers will moderate a panel on working towards a more accessible outdoor industry. Cindy Villaseñor, a garden and low-waste educator, will lead a workshop on starting your sustainability journey. Participants can also learn about “Telling Your Own Environmental Story” with Kristy Drutman, podcast and media host at Brown Girl Green.
Teresa Baker is bringing together outdoor industry leaders to share their work and life experiences with one another in two sessions of virtual CEO roundtable discussions. The group of powerhouse women includes:
- Lise Aangeenbrug |Executive Director, Outdoor Industry Association
- Karla Amador | Founder, 52 Hike Challenge
- Amy Beck | Chief Executive Officer,Oboz
- Melanie Cox | Chief Executive Officer,Backcountry
- Skye DeLano | Executive Director,Outride
- Alison Désir | Founder,Harlem Run,Co-Chair,RIDC
- Sierra Domaille | Founder,HiHeyHello Magazine
- Sensi Graves | Founder,Sensi Graves Swim
- Michelle and Kenya Jackson-Saulters |Co-Founders,The Outdoor Journal Tour
- Jennifer Kriske |Founder, Machines For Freedom
- Jennifer McLaren | CEO, Smartwool
- Emily Newman | Executive Director,Camber Outdoors
- Nettie Pardue | Executive Director,Outward Bound California
- Jeanine Pesce | Founder,RANGE
- Diana Seung | General Manager,Jack Wolfskin
- Agnes Vianzon | Executive Director,Eastern Sierra Conservation Corps
- Michelle Wardian | President and Chief Strategy Officer, Youngone North America
- Natali Zollinger | Co-Founder,RVR 2 RVR
This summit will be geared towards cis and trans women, as well as people who experience gender discrimination in their outdoor professional and personal lives. The event welcomes all people who are comfortable in a space that centers the experiences of women. ASL Interpretation will be provided.
The event is free and all proceeds from sponsorships will be donated to The Cairn Project,which expands outdoor access for girls and young women by supporting community-based wilderness and outdoor education groups around the country through a small grants program.
In 2017, the first Women’s Outdoor Summit for Empowerment was held at the Presidio in San Francisco. More than 200 outdoor enthusiasts, CEOs, and female leaders who made their playgrounds, workplaces, and careers in the outdoors took part in the two-day event. The second event will be virtual using an interactive and accessible broadcasting platform.
For more information, visit womensoutdoorsummit.com.
About Teresa Baker
Teresa Baker is the founder of In Solidarity Project which includes the Outdoor CEO Diversity Pledge, which pairs leading outdoor brands in one-on-one relationships with inclusion advocates to advance representation for people of color across the industry. The organization is focused on enhancing representation across staff and executive teams, media and marketing, and athletes/ambassadors. By building a relationship of support, empathy and understanding, versus external skepticism and internal stress, they are moving the outdoor industry towards authentic inclusion.
About Ravel Media
Ravel Media is a multi-faceted creative media company making audio, photographic, and editorial content for the outdoor and travel industries with the goals of being introspective, accessible, and varied. In asking thoughtful questions, the Ravel Media team seeks to understand and practice respect for people, place, emotion, and environment. You might recognize Ravel Media’s work in the production of She Explores. The Ravel Media team strives to also examine the overlap in the tapestry of stories people all collectively weave, and to consider how this endeavor relates to the greater world. Above all, they value curiosity, humility, honesty, inclusivity, and connection. www.ravelmedia.co
About JAM Collective
Founded by Julie Atherton and based in San Francisco, California, JAM Collective focuses on strategic planning, effective social media networking and influential product placement to initiate brand visibility and further connect its clients with consumers. Over the past 20 years, JAM Collective has evolved into a versatile and accomplished public relations and media agency with an impressive roster of nationally and internationally recognized clients, all the while maintaining a deep level of client involvement. Current clients include: Arc’teryx, Osprey Packs, OtterBox, prAna, Snow Peak and Vasque Footwear.www.jamcollective.net