woom Launches First-of-its-Kind Urban Lifestyle Bike for Kids
March 30, 2022
All-new woom NOW receives three coveted awards for its unique design
March 30, 2022 – AUSTIN, TEXAS /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – woom bikes, the fastest-growing kids’ bike brand in North America, today launches the woom NOW, a lightweight urban commuter and cargo-bike hybrid, built specifically for kids. The woom NOW is a fully loaded, highly versatile bike with a new take on frame architecture – dubbed the “cycle truck” — and is packed with special features. The bike itself has already won three design awards for 2022: the Red Dot Design Award,the Taipei Bicycle Award and the Design & Innovation Award. The woom NOW will be unveiled in-person in the United States at the Life Time Sea Otter Classic, April 7-10, where woom is exhibiting at booth S100, and is also the official Kids’ Bike Manufacturer of the event. Simultaneously, it will make its European debut at Velo Berlin April 9-10.
Enabling unique functionalities for everything from daily urban commuting to weekend bikepacking adventures, the woom NOW combines an integrated front rack with a smaller front wheel. This feature not only offers a unique, striking design, but also makes for a safe and stable ride when carrying heavy loads, promotes easier bike handling, and enables a higher carrying capacity overall. Like all woom bikes, the woom NOW is tailored precisely to the specific needs and anatomy of children. It features a relaxed geometry, with upright seating for a good traffic overview, combined with a cruiser-style riding experience. Its host of key street-ready features and accessories include:
- A foldable front rack with removable inlay, perfect for transporting heavy school bags, recreational equipment, and more
- Frame space optimized for additional bags or accessories, for even greater storage capacity
- An integrated frame bag with magnetic closure
- Dual accessory mounts on front rack
- A center-mounted kickstand for stable bike parking and cargo loading
- Flat mount hydraulic disc brakes
- Integrated lighting powered by dynamo hub when bike is in motion
- Twist-grip bell and grip-shifters
- Durable fenders for riding in all weather conditions
- Cobblestone-ready extra-wide tires
- A Microshift eight-speed gear system with a narrow-wide chainring
“woom customers have been requesting a bike that was tailored to the day-to-day mobility needs of their kids, and we responded with the woom NOW,” says Matthias Leite-Gürtner, the head of the woom Product Design team. “We designed a cool bike for the city that lets kids easily get where they need to go by bike, even when they’ve got a backpack, groceries or a gym bag.”
Perfect for those kids and families who are always on the go, the woom NOW is the ideal vehicle for an urban lifestyle – and its light weight and high-quality construction make it easy to use and fun to ride.
The woom NOW is offered in three sizes:
- woom NOW 4 (20-inch/16-inch wheels) | Child: 6-8 years old, or 45-51 inches tall- MSRP $749
- woom NOW 5 (24-inch/20-inch wheels) | Child: 7-11 years old, or 49-57 inches tall – MSRP $799
- woom NOW 6 (26-inch/20-inch wheels) | Child: 10-14 years old, 55-65 inches tall – MSRP $849
All models are available now at us.woombikes.com.
# # #
woom is a globally-acclaimed kids’ bicycle company, originally founded in Austria in 2013 and has since expanded internationally. woom has disrupted the kids’ bike category across Europe and North America, as the largest and fastest growing direct-to-consumer brand in the space. Its award-winning bikes include options that are 40% lighter than conventional kids’ bikes, making woom bikes the lightest series-production kids’ bikes in the world. For more information, visit us.woombikes.com or @woombikesusa on Instagram.