Black Diamond’s Fall 2017 Line Showcases Backcountry Skiing and Lighting Collections
January 3, 2017
SALT LAKE CITY (Jan. 3, 2016) – Black Diamond Equipment®, a global innovator in climbing, skiing, mountain sports equipment and apparel, today announced its focus on two product initiatives for Fall 2017: backcountry skiing, with the launch of its new Route ski touring line, and lighting, with six new or updated headlamps and one new lantern.
“Along with climbing, backcountry skiing has been a driving force for Black Diamond for more than two decades,” said Eric Wynn, senior marketing director at Black Diamond Equipment. “In offering a focused array of products geared for the backcountry skier, from apparel to skis, from gloves to snow safety equipment, Black Diamond’s Fall 2017 backcountry ski collection is our most refined yet.”
Highlights from Black Diamond’s Fall 17 backcountry ski collection include:
- First Light Hybrid Hoody, employing the benefits of our award winning First Light insulation and award-winning design, the First Light Hybrid Hoody incorporates blended merino body-mapped in key areas with migration-resistant PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Active and Schoeller® stretch-woven nylon, making it an incredibly breathable and functional mid-layer.
- Fritschi is offering two new AT bindings including the latest evolution of its Vipec 12, the Fritschi Vipec Evo 12. With its other new binding, the Fritschi Tecton 12 combines the tech-style toe unit of its Vipec bindings that feature a pre-defined lateral safety release and incorporates an innovative heel-locking lever for added security and safety.
- Debuting in the snow safety category from PIEPS, the iProbe II-300, is a revolutionary automatic electronic avalanche probe, updated with a 300-cm length for deep snow packs, complex instabilities and fast, accurate searching.
- The new Helio gloves are a lightweight, three-in-one glove system featuring a 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® insert, an ultralight Dyneema ripstop shell with goat leather palm and fingers with a tricot and fleece lining with 40g of PrimaLoft® Gold insulation. In addition we have expanded our glove offering for 2017 creating innovative products in Alpinism, Climbing, Ice Climbing, Skiing, trekking and Trail running.
New from its climbing category for Fall 17, Black Diamond will offer one new harness – the Technician. The Technician, providing comfort and a wide range of motion associated with its own Fusion Comfort Technology, is a four-season workhorse for any style of climbing and features adjustable leg loops.
Continuing its “Defy the Dark” lighting campaign from Spring 2017, Black Diamond will launch several new updates to its headlamps, including a hybrid strobe light that provides additional illumination for bikers, runners, skiers and other outdoor adventurers and a fully rechargeable lantern. Anchoring the category and leading with a rechargeable story, the new ReVolt weighs 89 grams with batteries, increases to 300 lumens and is Black Diamond’s most versatile rechargeable light, with an updated waterproof design and the option of charging via USB or using standard alkaline batteries.
Wynn added, “Our lighting collection addresses the interests of a growing movement of mountain adventurers and urban athletes who regularly stretch the limits of daylight and see lighting as an essential tool for playing or training in the outdoors either before the sun rises or after it sets.” All in tandem with a Fall 2017 Television campaign in North America that will feature our “Defy the Dark” Invitation.
Additional new lighting product highlights for Fall 17 include:
- The Storm headlamp, Black Diamond’s first fully sealed waterproof headlamp, is nearly 20 percent brighter with 350 lumens and featuring red, green and blue LEDs to help preserve night vision.
- Black Diamond’s legendary full-featured headlamp, the Spot, with its precise, powerful beam and PowerTap™ Technology, gets updated to a waterproof design, increased brightness to 300 lumens and improved peripheral lighting for close-range tasks.
- A new offering in Black Diamond’s line-up, the Astro, features a sleek, modern housing and incredibly bright 150 lumens, all at an affordable MSRP of only $19.95.
- The new Stride is a rechargeable, super-compact, incredibly versatile strobe light that goes just about anywhere and easily attaches to existing headlamp straps for urban running visibility. It also functions as a stand-alone headlamp on packs, bikes or dogs for on-the-go illumination.
- The Apollo lantern gets a complete redesign for better, brighter in-camp illumination. Now fully rechargeable, the new Apollo features 225 lumens of glare-free light and can charge hand-held electronics via USB.
Black Diamond Equipment’s F’17 collections will be on display Jan. 10-12, 2017, at booth #6009 at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Salt Lake City, and Feb. 5-8, 2017, at ISPO Munich in Munich, Germany.
About Black Diamond Equipment:
Black Diamond Equipment is a manufacturer of equipment and clothing for climbing, skiing and mountain sports. By consistently building innovative, standard-setting products and actively preserving the mountain/canyon environment, Black Diamond Equipment has assumed a leadership role in the international outdoor community. For more information on Black Diamond Equipment, visit BlackDiamondEquipment.com.