California Innovations Targets U.S. Outdoor Community for Expansion with Next Gen, High Performance Titan and Arctic Zone Coolers Debuting at 2019 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market
May 18, 2019
TORONTO (MAY, 2019) – California Innovations, the world’s leading provider of soft sided insulated coolers and lunch packs, is targeting the U.S. outdoor community for expansion with the debut of next generation high performance coolers under its established TITAN and Arctic Zone brands. Building on California Innovations’ 30+ year legacy of technology firsts, new products include: TITAN Deep Freeze® 20 Quart and 55 Quart Roto Coolers with Microban® antimicrobial protection, available now; TITAN Deep Freeze® 24 Can Backpack Cooler, available this summer; TITAN 54 Can Leak Proof Zipperless™ Cooler, available Spring 2020; and Arctic Zone patented Self-Inflating Cooler, available now. The coolers will be on display at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Denver, June 18-20, at booth #36154-UL.
“We have systematically innovated every aspect of the soft sided cooler based on years of exhaustive consumer research designed to discover what matters to consumers,” said Mel Mogil, president at California Innovations Inc. “First and foremost, we boosted thermal performance by developing high performance insulation. We improved the exteriors with our water and stain resistant Rhino-Tech®. We enhanced portability with our Backsaver® Load Bearing Technology, and we changed the game with our patented Zipperless™ HardBody® Coolers. I guess you could say that we’re ‘cooler geeks’…and proud of it!”
California Innovations has been responsible for many game changing innovations that have expanded the soft sided insulated category over the years. These include:
- 1st Collapsible Cooler
- 1st Cooler with hard plastic liner and interior shelves to separate wet from dry food and hard from soft food
- 1st Soft Sided Rolling Cooler
- 1st Zipperless Cooler
- 1st Cooler with antimicrobial protection (Microban)
- 1st Fridge Cold Lunch Pack with Ice Walls®
- 1st Self–Inflating Cooler
- 1st Leak Proof Zipperless Cooler
Mogil credits a collaborative, pioneering team for the company’s success. This includes product designers, developers and engineers based in North America and Asia, a premier sourcing
team and partnerships with respected universities on projects including best-in-class insulation (University of Chicago) and portability (The Ergonomics Center at North Carolina State University).
“We’re passionate about building the world’s best coolers and we take great pride in having developed technologies that make coolers better,” Mogil added.
Specific features of the new coolers being introduced at ORSM are:
- TITAN Deep Freeze 55 Quart Roto Cooler with Microban:
- Heavy duty roto-molded seamless, one-piece construction – virtually indestructible
- Premium blend of thick polyurethane insulation that keeps ice up to seven days
- Microban to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the cooler so that it is stain and odor resistant and easier to clean
- A freezer grade 360° rubber gasket along with heavy-duty T-latches that provide a tight seal to keep the cold inside
- Wire basket that separates wet and dry contents
- Oversized drain for faster draining with less chance of clogging
- An integrated fish ruler on the lid
- Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee (IGBC) bear resistant
- MRSP: $245
- TITAN Deep Freeze 24 Can Backpack Cooler with Ice Walls
- Deep Freeze high performance insulation and Therma-Flect® interior radiant barrier that keeps ice for up to two days (main compartment)
- Ultra Safe® leak proof, easy clean lining with Microban to help protect against bacterial odors and stains (main compartment)
- Two removable Ice Walls that fit inside specially designed, exterior entry pockets to provide all-over cooling without sacrificing interior space
- Multiple storage compartments
- Padded back with breathable mesh panels, adjustable, padded straps and sternum strap
- Rhino-Tech® water and stain resistant wipe clean exterior (excluding back panel)
- MSRP: $50
- Titan 54 Can Zipperless Leak Proof Cooler
- 100% leak proof construction with freezer grade gasket and latch closure
- High Performance Deep Freeze Insulation that keeps ice for up to 4 days
- Welded exterior that is waterproof and resistant to mildew, punctures and UV rays
- BungeeLok™ attachment system to secure items to the exterior
- Bottle opener
- MSRP: $150
- Arctic Zone 30 Can Self-Inflating Cooler
- Ultra high performance air and foam insulation keeps ice for 2.5 days.
- Inflates in 15 seconds and can be used in either a tote or box shape.
- Water resistant; will float if immersed in water.
- After use, can be deflated and stored rolled or flat.
- Removable, leak proof liner offers Microban antimicrobial protection.
- Features zippered front pocket and adjustable shoulder strap.
- Bottom of Form
- MSRP: $50
About California Innovations
Since it was founded more than 30 years ago, California Innovations has grown to become the world’s leading provider of soft sided coolers and insulated lunch packs. The company has maintained its leadership position by focusing on performance and fashion, with an emphasis on proprietary technologies that deliver the best possible consumer experience. California Innovations carries Arctic Zone, Titan, AZ Pro, Ultra by Arctic Zone, Food Pro, Columbia, Dabney Lee and Interlockers Food Storage brands. Under these brands it offers soft sided insulated coolers and meal carriers, food transport solutions, shopping totes and diaper bags. The company enjoys vast penetration in all retail channels with presence in big box retailers ranging from Costco, Target and Walmart to Kohl’s, Kroger, Walgreens, Carrefour, Big W and ASDA. California Innovations is headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Montréal, Chicago, Atlanta and Szhenzhen, China and distributes its products globally.
# # #
Link to Product Photos: https://bit.ly/303YukI
For further information:
Anna Craven, CGPR
781-639-4924 Ext. 112