Chums Japan Brings New Collection To The U.S. As Part Of Chums’ Global 40th Anniversary Celebration
May 23, 2023
Salt Lake City, UT (May 23, 2023) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – As part of its 40th Anniversary Collection, a carefully chosen, limited grouping of products from Chums‘ Tokyo-based branch is now available exclusively on Chums.com. This limited new release includes five products, incorporating the distinctly colorful artistic aesthetic prevalent within the entire catalog released under the Chums Japan umbrella.
The Chums brand and its red-footed avian mascot, the Chums Booby Bird, have a global association with creating eyewear retainers and protective accessories for dry-land and water-based activities. Historically, products developed by Chums Japan have stood apart from Chums’ U.S. releases, often taking their styling cues from the vibrant streetwear culture that permeates the surroundings of the company’s Tokyo-based office. This new release from Chums Japan as a part of the brand’s 40th Anniversary Collection encompasses a tight assortment of apparel and accessories that stays true to the Chums heritage of creating practical gear for outdoor adventures while incorporating vibrant designs and encompassing some product categories outside of the existing Chums U.S.-based product offerings.
Chums Japan’s contributions to the Chums 40th Anniversary collection include:
- 40th Anniversary Canvas Tote ($26.99): Practical style for the beach or around town, this mid-sized cotton canvas tote features the Chums 40th Anniversary artwork on one side and the iconic Booby Bird logo on the other.
- 40th Anniversary Camper Mug ($14.99): A new product category for Chums in the U.S. Available in two colorways, this oversized 18.6 oz, BPA-free plastic mug features the Chums 40th Anniversary artwork, an ergonomically-designed handle for security, and a lanyard for clipping it to a pack or bag when not in use. Available in understated red and yellow colorways, perfect for amplifying the camp vibe while sipping a drink outside.
- Reversible Print Hat ($39.99): Boonie-style hat crafted from a lightweight blend of cotton and polyester. An adjustable strap keeps it from blowing away on windy days. Reversible in design and available in two colors, each with a vibrant pattern on one side and a low-key solid color on the other.
- Recycle Wallet ($27.99): Durable tri-fold wallet keeps cash, cards, and more secure with an environmentally-friendly style. Made from RENU recycled polyester, its classic tri-fold design features five card slots, a cash sleeve, and zippered coin pocket. Available in three distinct patterns.
- Soft Cooler Tote ($59.99): A must-have for days at the river, lake, or pool. This large, insulated tote made from heavy-duty recycled polyester will keep beverages frosty for hours. External stash pocket and internal mesh pocket keep smaller essentials easily accessible. Available in three colors.
“Whenever our counterparts at Chums Japan release a new collection, we always hear from our most loyal U.S.-based consumers who want to know if they can get their hands on the new gear. Today, we are happy to say that the answer to that questions is ‘Yes, you can,’” commented Ben Falkson, marketing director for Chums.
The new Chums Japan products coming to the U.S. marks the third new release in the Chums 40th Anniversary collection. Earlier this year, Chums released the first installment in its 40th Anniversary Collection, which included apparel, eyewear retainers, and more. It was followed up by a revamping of its carry line, including an expansion of its Storm Series watertight bag lineup, as well as completely redesigned models of the best sellers in its waist pack collection. Additional releases celebrating Chums’ 40th anniversary will be available closer to the start of summer.
Founded on the Colorado River in 1983, Chums creates eyewear retainers, bags, and accessories preferred by river rats, guides, dirtbags, and weekend warriors who need their gear to be safe and secure. Our community is the early risers and the go-getters who choose their equipment carefully and rely on it day in and day out. A family-run business committed to world-class customer service, Chums produces innovative outdoor products built for adventure. To learn more, visit http://www.chums.com/.