The short film features Will “Akuna” Robinson as he completes the Triple Crown of Hiking
ROCKFORD, Mich. (Nov. 5, 2019) — “The Crown” features thru hiker, veteran and Merrell Ambassador Will “Akuna” Robinson as he completes the Triple Crown of Hiking: the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
The film shares Robinson’s thoughts on this incredible achievement that made him the first African American male on record to complete the Triple Crown of Hiking. Robinson is known within the hiking community for inspiring others to take their first step to get out on the trail and experience the power it brings.
“That’s what this crown is going to do. Give me the opportunity to reach more people…That’s what this whole mission has been about. Trying to inspire people who may not think they should be out in this community to get out there and go for it all.” – Will “Akuna” Robinson
- Still images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ag8vgeoveh5qvx5/AADTrsPWPIWr5O-P5bHhqIw-a?dl=0
- Photo Credit: Myah McNeill for Merrell
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3gBJTYCHs
- Merrell: https://www.instagram.com/merrell/
- Will “Akuna” Robinson: https://www.instagram.com/akunahikes/
- Brand: Merrell
- Directors: Jacob McNeill and Steve Flood
- Producers: Supply + Demand
- Director of Photography: Shawn Adams
- Editors: Jacob McNeill
- Sound Design: Coupe Studios
For additional information or a downloadable file of the film, please reach the Merrell contact below.
Merrell® exists to give you all you really need to discover the simple yet profound power of the trail. We believe the trail is for everyone. Our goal is to provide thoughtfully designed, rigorously tested products that over-deliver on performance, versatility and durability. Because when you’ve got air in your lungs and good shoes on your feet, you’ve got everything you need. Visit Merrell.com or follow us on social at @merrell and @merrelloutside.