Norrøna Introduces a Revamped Fall 2023 Tamok Ski and Snowboard Collection
November 18, 2022
The upcoming Fall 2023 collection includes new ePE/PU Gore-Tex technology, purpose-built mountain rescue assortment and ‘tailored for her’ ski touring pieces
OSLO, Norway (Nov. 18, 2022) /OUTDOOR SPORTSWIRE/ – Norrøna, the four season, family-owned Norwegian manufacturer of premium apparel and gear, announces its Fall 2023 collection, featuring the tamok Gore-Tex Performance Shell Jacket and Bib, a new collapsible ski bag and an assortment of women’s ski touring pieces. Additionally, the trollveggen line expands with a collection of products purpose-built for mountain rescue teams and developed in collaboration with the Norwegian alpine rescue team.
“Pushing the limits of what’s possible in crafting the best quality gear while simultaneously integrating the most innovative, sustainable fabrics has been one of our foundational goals from the beginning,” says Norrøna CEO, Jørgen Jørgensen. “As a close partner of Gore-Tex, we were heavily involved in extensive testing of the new PFC-free Gore-Tex membrane, which passed our uncompromising, high test standards all while maintaining a lower environmental footprint. We have been pushing Gore-Tex to remove PFC since 2015, and we’re glad that this has finally been accomplished. The introduction of this new technology in the tamok collection is an important step toward reaching our ambitious responsibility goals, which includes becoming carbon neutral by 2029.”
tamok Expansion and new ePE/PU Gore-Tex Membrane
The new waterproof tamok pieces are designed for backcountry skiing and snowboarding on the deepest powder days. Made with the innovative new ePE/PU Gore-Tex membrane, the leading sustainable and durable waterproof, windproof and breathable shell fabric, the new pieces are performance focused.
- tamok Gore-Tex Performance Shell Jacket ($699) and Bib ($599) – Men’s and Women’s
- tamok Gore-Tex Jacket ($579) and Pants ($479) – Men’s and Women’s
trollveggen Rescue Collection
Also new for Fall 2023, the trollveggen rescue collection is developed in collaboration with the Norwegian alpine rescue team and from feedback of multiple rescue groups. The result is a collection built with capable gear for search and rescue teams in the most extreme mountain environments. The collection is divided in two categories: individual use and rescue wear. The single difference is that the colors of the rescue wear are more vivid and reserved exclusively for rescue teams and organizations.
- trollveggen Gore-Tex Pro Rescue Jacket ($859) and Pants ($859) – Men’s
- trollveggen Flex1 Rescue Pants ($289) – Men’s
- trollveggen Thermo100 Rescue Hood ($429) – Men’s
Tailored for Her
The falketind and lyngen assortments expand with ski touring pieces designed for women, including Norrøna’s first insulated skirt and warmest pants for ski touring.
- falketind Thermo80 Skirt ($169) – Women’s
- lyngen Hiloflex200 Slim Pants ($299) – Women’s
Norrøna XL Ski Bag
The Norrøna XL Ski Bag is a premium ski bag ($379) made with 100% recycled polyester and designed to carry two to four skis or one to two snowboards between 160 cm and 200 cm in length. Key features include water-resistant zippers, a U-shaped zippered main compartment to protect valuables and extra equipment and large wheels that can easily cope with uneven terrain and snow.
The lyngen, lofoten, tamok and senja collections see further expansions with the addition of new purpose-built pieces for cold weather adventures on skis and foot. Also, a lineup of high-quality 100% merino wool beanies with Bluesign approved 100% recycled brushed polyester fleece will be launching in Fall 2023.
For more information on Norrøna’s in-line product collection, please visit www.norrona.com.
For media inquiries about the Fall 2023 collection, please contact Rob Steffens at email@example.com.
Retailers can preview the Fall 2023 assortment at these upcoming shows:
- EWRSA Mid-Atlantic Show, Edison, NJ – November 28-December 1, 2022
- WWSRA, Bozeman, MT — November 28-December 1, 2022
- MRA, Lansing, MI – December 5-7, 2022
- AC360, Worchester, MA – December 5-8, 2022
- WWSRA, Salt Lake City, UT – December 6-8, 2022
- WWSRA, Auburn, CA – December 6-8, 2022
- WWSRA, Portland, OR – December 6-8, 2022
- WSM, Salt Lake City, UT – January 19-21, 2023
Schedule a line showing in North America with the following contacts:
- Pacific Northwest USA – Tyler Haasch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rocky Mountains USA – Ian Decker at email@example.com.
- Midwest USA – Tony Koziatek at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid-Atlantic and Southeast USA – Chris Bremer at email@example.com
- Northeast USA – David Nihan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canada – Ryan Letchford at email@example.com
- Southwest, South, Upper Midwest – Patrick Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA General inquiries – Adam Chamberlain at email@example.com
About Norrøna: In 1929, Jørgen Jørgensen, a Norwegian outdoor enthusiast, began his search for durable outdoor equipment to perform in Norway´s harsh and rugged land. Starting with simple innovations such as leather straps, canvas backpacks and cotton clothing, he set Norrøna’s direction: To search for the best in technical advancements and to create the ultimate performance products. Today, four generations later, Norrøna is still a family-owned and run company and a leader in the growing market of sustainable sportswear. www.norrona.com