Osprey Rethinks the Travel Pack with Two-in-One Ozone Duplex
January 17, 2018
Design Features Full-Size Daypack and Carry-On-Sized Cargo Bag
Cortez, CO – Osprey Packs, a leader in creating top-quality, high-performance packs to comfortably and efficiently carry gear, introduces an innovative twist on travel packs with the gender-specific Ozone Duplex for Fall 2018. Delivering solidly on the promise of lightweight and efficient travel, the Duplex combines a capable and comfortable harness and suspension built into a daypack to hold your critical items while a larger externally attached bag holds items you will not need until you arrive at your destination.
“Lighter luggage means you can carry more gear without paying for overages at the counter,” said Erik Hamerschlag, Senior Product Manager, Osprey Packs. “The new Ozone Duplex represents an evolution of convertible carry-on systems, maximizing storage for savvy travelers with one harness and two packs.”
TWO-IN-ONE DESIGN | Full-Size Daypack + Carry-On-Sized Cargo Bag
The full-size daypack’s LightWire™ frame supports and distributes the pack’s load through the comfortably padded hipbelts while the adjustable shoulder straps provide an excellent fit. Laptops, heavier essentials, valuables and everything you need on the plane stay close at hand in the daypack.
- CARGO BAG
The clothing and gear you need for when you reach your destination stows in the Cargo Bag that conveniently fits in the overhead, maximizing carry-on capacity.
- The perimeter LightWire™ frame provides the right balance of flexibility and load support
- Shoulder straps adjust over a 4″ range to ensure accurate torso fit and optimal comfort
- Low-profile hipbelt is well padded and supportive
- Soft breathable spacermesh contact surfaces on shoulder straps, backpanel and hipbelt provide cool comfortable carry
- Rear panel zip to main compartment allows access even when paired with Cargo Bag
- Hidden zippered pocket behind shoulder harness offers secure storage for passport, tickets, wallet, phone and other valuables
- Dual water bottle pockets are deep and large
- Padded 15” laptop and tablet sleeves are inside main compartment
- Large, padded organizer pocket at top of front panel protects contents
CARGO BAG FEATURES
- Aluminum and fiberglass perimeter frame to actively support and compress load when paired with Daypack
- Top and side padded handles for comfortable carry
- Large quick easy to access liquids pocket at top of pack
- Upper and lower compression straps keep contents from shifting and can be used to secure extra items to the pack
- Easy to pack, side opening main compartment has a tough #10 YKK zipper with lockable sliders for extra security
- Dual internal compression straps with fabric wings keep clothes neat
- Zippered mesh pocket on inside of front flap keeps clothing items organized and accessible
- Included shoulder-carry strap tucks away into liquids pocket
+ OZONE DUPLEX 65L | Men’s | $220
+ OZONE DUPLEX 60L | Women’s | $220
In addition to the launch of Ozone Duplex, Osprey updates their industry leading Ozone series of lightweight, rolling luggage with improvements in strength, durability and design. Of note, new patterning optimizes interior space, and the redesigned luggage access opens from the side to allow for greater visibility to contents. Updated internal compression straps secure clothing to prevent wrinkling, while the wide-mouth liquid pocket speeds up trips through security. Available in Ozone 75L/26″, Ozone 42L/21.5″, Ozone 38L/19.5″.
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is the global leader in exceptional, high-performing, innovative packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey’s dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand’s love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors.
All Osprey products are backed by the brand’s All Mighty Guarantee. Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If Osprey is unable to perform a functional repair on a pack, they will happily replace it.
Osprey Packs can be found online at osprey.com and in outdoor specialty retailers in over 60 countries worldwide. To learn more about Osprey and its products, visit osprey.com. Follow all brand updates on Instagram (@ospreypacks), Facebook (@ospreypacks) and Twitter (@ospreypacks).