PEARL iZUMi Unveils The Crew
February 3, 2021
PEARL iZUMi’s roster of over 65 brand ambassadors includes a diverse mix of elite athletes, creators, activists and community organizers
LOUISVILLE, Colo. (Feb. 3, 2021) — PEARL iZUMi, the world leader in cycling apparel and footwear, is pleased to introduce The Crew, a unique team of brand representatives. The Crew includes over 65 diverse individuals including professional road, gravel and mountain bikers, triathletes, bikepackers, community cycling leaders and activists, coaches, content creators and well-known personalities from the cycling world.
“We’ve been building this Crew over the past four years and I’m proud of what they represent,” said Andrew Hammond, Director of Brand Marketing for PEARL iZUMi. “In the midst of this global bike boom, the Crew will help us inspire and motivate more people to start riding and help break down some of the barriers associated with cycling. It’s an inspiring group and we’re thrilled to work with them.”
The Crew includes:
- Ironman Champion Angela Naeth
- Brooke Goudy and Stephanie Puello, local leaders for Black Girls Do Bike
- Mountain bike power couple and YouTube stars Syd and Macky Franklin
- Paralympic national champion Josie Fouts
- Damen Bell-Holter, a former pro basketball player and founder of Break the (BI)Cycle an organization supporting mental health care for Black and Indigenous men
- Enduro mountain bike champion Cooper Ott
- Pro road racer turned gravel evangelist and race organizer Amy Charity
- Adventure cyclist and inclusivity activist Marley Blonsky
- Legendary pro mountain biker, trials champion and “Trail Boss” Jeff Lenosky
- John Shackelford, Alexander Olbrich and Edwardo Garabito from the Underground Railroad Ride
- Professional mountain bikers, trail builders and brothers Dane and Zach Petersen
- Junior National Road Champion turned pro mountain biker Alexey Vermeulen
- Personal trainer and creative Quentin “Quote the Brand” Jones
- Professional photographer and mountain biker racer Korey Hopkins
- And many more, listed here
The PEARL iZUMi Crew will act as ambassadors for the brand on the trail, on the road and in the community, both online and in real life. PEARL iZUMi will help to tell their stories throughout the year, and support many of the causes they represent. Crew members will be featured in PEARL iZUMi’s marketing and content. The Crew is also a critical part of PEARL iZUMi’s product development process, testing products in the most demanding conditions and providing valuable feedback.
About PEARL iZUMi:
PEARL iZUMi was founded on two things: the love of cycling and more importantly, love for future generations. The brand originated more than 60 years ago in Japan, when the founder created a special jersey out of technical fabric for his son, an aspiring bike racer. Since then, the company has been progressing the design and manufacture of performance apparel and footwear for cyclists of all levels. PEARL iZUMi believes that how we live today shapes how future generations ride, and is committed to using its business practices, products and community advocacy to create a positive impact through cycling. PEARL iZUMi’s world headquarters are located in the Colorado Front Range, where it embraces strong influence, both culturally and structurally, from its Japanese heritage.