Three-day Mountain & Adventure Film Festival Gathering near Big Bear, CA announced
June 6, 2016
Film Festival Flix CEO, Benjamin Oberman, officially announced the Mountain & Adventure Film Festival’s first 3 day, live event, MAFF Gathering. The MAFF Gathering will take place October 7th – 9th, 2016 in Big Bear CA, approximately 1.5 hours East of Los Angeles and an hour West of Joshua Tree.
“We love film festivals” says Oberman. “But there are two distinct parts of a film festival. One part is watching great films which you may never have the chance to see otherwise, and our online film festival addresses that beautifully. And the other is purely social, which is where the MAFF Gathering comes in.”
The three day event will bring the SoCal outdoor community together to camp, climb, explore, play, eat, drink, and of course, watch films. We expect to have 300+ attendees each day plus approximately 20 outdoor brands, local businesses, and non-profit partners exhibiting their products in the vendor village.
With the purchase of a $29.99 pass, attendees will have access to the Gathering, Vendor Village, all clinics, classes, and excursions (capacity limitations may apply to certain events), games and contests, films after dark, camping on-site (limited to the first 90 registrants), sponsored drinks, and an online pass to the 2017 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival (a $29.99 value).
CONFIRMED PREMIERE EVENTS: (Schedule TBA)
1. Slide Show with Adidas Outdoor Athlete, Mayan Smith-Gobat from her Patagonian expedition with Ines Papert and free ascent of “Riders on the Storm”
2. Presentation and Book Signing with Outdoor Research Athlete, Hans Florine on “On the Nose: A Lifelong Obsession with Yosemite’s Most Iconic Climb”.
3. Slide Show with Adidas Outdoor Athletes, Mayan Smith-Gobat and Ben Rueck on their climbing expedition to the Karsts of China
4. Morning Yoga Classes with North Face and LaSportiva Athlete, Heidi Wirtz
5. Climbing and Trail Running with North Face Athlete, Cedar Wright; Arc’Teryx Athlete, Craig DeMartino; and Petzl and LaSportiva Athlete, Will Mayo
6. Downhill Skateboarding with Loaded Boards Athlete, Arian Chamasmany
7. Slacklining Demos and Lessons
8. Adventure and Nature Photography clinics with Wire Image Photographer, Sarah Hummert
9. Award-Winning Adventure Films after dark from the 2016 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival
CONFIRMED ADDITIONAL EVENTS: (Schedule TBA)
1. Vendor Village (Gear, Apparel, Food, Drinks and Technology)
2. Games and Contests
3. Guided Climbing Excursions throughout the SB’s with the Rim of the World Climbing Club (Children’s Forest, Overhung Wall, Dinosaur Rocks, Crag at the End of the Universe, Arrowhead Pinnacles, Snow Valley Boulders, Castle Rock, and more)
4. Yoga with celebrity instructor, Yael Abraham
5. Food (available for purchase from participating local restaurants)
6. Sponsored Drinks
Reserve your space to attend on Eventbrite. The schedule of events will be announced in August with signups for clinics and excursions which have a limited capacity. For questions about the event or for more information on sponsorship and vendor opportunities, contact Benjamin Oberman.