Through Socktober Campaign, Smartwool Steps Up Advocacy
October 22, 2018
Steamboat Springs, CO – October 2018 – Throughout the month of October, Smartwool is stepping up its advocacy efforts to support nonprofits that preserve and protect nature’s most precious places and other great causes. The Colorado company will donate $1 for every pair of socks sold on smartwool.com to The Nature Conservancy. Plus, Smartwool will donate $5 for every pair of socks sold at select retailers – up to $1000 – to an advocacy partner chosen by each retail partner.
“One of Smartwool’s core values is advocacy. We believe businesses have a responsibility to make the world a better place,” said Jen McLaren, president of Smartwool. “We work in the outdoor industry, and the outdoors inspires us, offers us place to play, and brings communities together. This month, we are partnering with select retailers to support The Nature Conservancy and other nonprofits to protect nature’s playgrounds across the country. We encourage people to buy more so we can donate more.”
In addition to this month-long, annual campaign, Smartwool supports five key partners with monetary donations, in-kind donations and volunteer hours. The advocacy partners include:
- Big City Mountaineers – Big City Mountaineers transforms the lives of underserved urban youth through wilderness mentoring expeditions that instill critical life skills. www.bigcitymountaineers.org
- SOS – Snowboard Outreach Society – SOS Outreach is a youth development nonprofit that fosters self-confidence, leadership skills, and positive decision making in underserved youth. SOS programs are unique in their use of adventure sports to engage participants for future success. www.sosoutreach.org
- The Nature Conservancy – This global non-profit is dedicated to protecting nature for people today and future generations through place-based conservation projects in 72 countries.
- POW – Protect our Winters – POW was started in 2007 by pro snowboarder Jeremy Jones who witnessed first-hand the impact of climate change on the mountains. www.protectourwinters.org
- The Conservation Alliance – The Conservation Alliance’s mission is to engage businesses to fund and partner with organizations to protect wild places for their habitat and recreation values. www.conservationalliance.com
Based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Smartwool is an apparel brand whose products are inspired by living and playing in the mountains. All Smartwool® products come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and are created to get the most out of the inherent benefits of Merino wool. For information on the full range of Smartwool® products or to find a dealer near you, please log onto www.Smartwool.com. Smartwool, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC, is a brand of VF Corporation. For event and company updates, visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/smartwool and Twitter www.twitter.com/Smartwool.