Black Diamond Equipment Anchors Spring 2017 Collection in Climbing and Lighting
June 29, 2016
June 29, 2016 (Salt Lake City) — Black Diamond Equipment®, a global innovator in climbing, skiing, mountain sports equipment and apparel, today unveiled its spring 2017 line-up of new and improved equipment and apparel. The focus on climbing is stronger than ever, with a selection of gear that addresses both indoor and outdoor climbing. In addition, Black Diamond’s leading headlamp line continues to make advancements with an emphasis on rechargeability.
“Climbing is what we’re about and this spring’s collection is no exception,” said Eric Wynn, Black Diamond’s Director of Marketing. “Whether it’s new harnesses, helmets, cords, belay devices, packs, gym bags, climbing lifestyle or technical apparel, Black Diamond’s spring 2017 collection encompasses everything climbing and represents our continuing legacy of making premium equipment for all facets of the sport.”
Highlights from the Black Diamond spring’17 line include:
- An all-new belay device, the ATC-Pilot, featuring enhanced breaking performance that provides an added level of security while belaying and allows for smooth rope pay out and gradual, controlled lowering.
- A return to the climbing rope market with four new climbing cords in the following diameters: 7.2, 9.2, 9.6 and 9.9mm. Balancing a combination of durability and easy handling, Black Diamond climbing ropes will be available with FullDry treatment for mountain travel and come in several lengths including 35m ideal for gym climbing, and up to 80m for long sport routes.
- Inspired by Black Diamond’s ski packs, the new Blitz 28/20 climbing packs are the ultimate on-route packs for alpine assaults, with all the necessary features for technical alpine objectives, including ultralight Dyneema construction and a strippable design.
- Black Diamond’s lightest sport harness, the Zone, features Fusion Comfort Construction and a contoured fit for superior comfort during long days at the crag.
- Based on the tried-and-true construction of Black Diamond’s classic Half Dome helmet, the new Half Dome-Women’s, features a women-specific design and improved feature set.
- For training sessions at the gym, Black Diamond’s Gym Solution 30/35L gym and Burrito rope bags easily manage your rope and essentials with easy-to-grab handles, one-handed closure systems, separate gear pockets, etc.
Key new apparel pieces including:
- The Alpine Light Pant, Black Diamond’s fundamental piece for the lightweight enthusiast’s mountain kit, with single-weave construction and mobility-focused design.
- The Alpenglow Hoody, for marathon belays in the blazing sun, offers a break from the rays with 50-UPF and moisture-wicking fabric.
Embracing a new, growing demographic of urban gym climbers and those looking to make the transition outside, Black Diamond’s second season of its Project Collection addresses the climbing lifestyle, from training to travel to top-out. Built with a selection of natural, organic cotton and technical synthetic products, the pieces deliver performance, comfort and style on and off the wall.
Essential apparel pieces include:
- Stretch Font and Credo pants/shorts, featuring an organic, stretch cotton blend with a loose cut to allow for uninhibited movement.
- Warbonnet Tee, incorporating a stretch mesh design in high-perspiration areas with anti-chafe and ergonomic stitching, making it a well-fitted tech tee perfect for non-stop days.
- Mobility Tank, emulating a classic design, is paired with tech tee functionality, features a racerback cut and a dropped back hem for added coverage.
Wynn added, “Our Project Collection addresses the interests of a growing movement occurring at climbing gyms in urban areas globally. The spring ’17 line embraces those climbers with a full range of high performance apparel and equipment designed with a sense of style in mind.”
As a part of its “Defy the Dark” spring 2017 lighting campaign, Black Diamond will launch five new headlamps and deliver early in time for the holiday season. Anchoring the category and leading with the rechargeable story, the new Iota weighs 56 grams with batteries and is Black Diamond’s smallest and lightest rechargeable light. The Iota features 150 lumens and is powered by a lithium ion rechargeable battery. This is the perfect light for pre-dawn climbing missions, after work runs or urban commutes before the sun rises.
Additional new lighting product highlights for spring ’17 include:
- The versatile Revolt headlamp, a full-featured, USB-rechargeable headlamp that also accepts standard alkaline AAA batteries, is now waterproof and 50% brighter to 200 lumens. Other features include PowerTap technology and red LED to help preserve night vision.
- The Icon headlamp, Black Diamond’s brightest and most powerful headlamp, is even brighter, increasing 55% brighter to 500 lumens and featuring red, green and blue LEDs to help preserve night vision. Additionally, the battery pack can be removed from the headband and placed in a pocket for protection from the cold. It includes an interchangeable accessory – a rechargeable battery.
- The runner’s go-to headlamp, the Sprinter, with its red taillight strobe for visibility in urban areas, is USB-rechargeable and gets a 50% power boost to 200 lumens.
- Black Diamond’s smallest and lightest headlamp, the Ion, increases power to 100 lumens and features a new design and simpler operation mode.
Black Diamond Equipment’s spring 2017 collections will be on display at booth #6013 at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, August 3-6, in Salt Lake City, and at stand #B2-400 at OutDoor, July 13-16, in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
Black Diamond Equipment is a manufacturer of equipment and clothing for climbing, skiing and mountain sports. By consistently building innovative, standard-setting products and actively preserving the mountain/canyon environment, Black Diamond Equipment has assumed a leadership role in the international outdoor community. For more information on Black Diamond Equipment, visit BlackDiamondEquipment.com