Black Diamond Introduces Performance Footwear as the Cornerstone of its Spring 2020 Collection
June 14, 2019
SALT LAKE CITY, June 14, 2019 – Black Diamond Equipment, a global innovator in climbing, skiing and mountain sports equipment, announces its new performance footwear collection debuting at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, June 18-20, in Denver.
“Black Diamond’s spring’20 collection includes more than one hundred and thirty new products for the season, across our climb, mountain, footwear and apparel product categories” states John Walbrecht, President of Black Diamond Equipment. “This supports our product innovation strategy, to bring to market the most unique products to the outdoor industry, connecting our consumers to their best days on the mountain.”
Black Diamond will complement its performance footwear launch with a balance of climbing and mountain equipment including new Camalots, an ultra-light harness, redesigned carabiner/quickdraw line, trail packs, trekking poles, rechargeable lights and climbing helmets. In its apparel category, Black Diamond will add a second denim collection and a three-season alpine stretch shell that outperforms the competition in terms of waterproof/breathability performance at half the price.
Additional product highlights from Black Diamond’s Spring 2020 collection include:
- Crag Denim – Represents an expansion of Black Diamond’s denim program and is currently its quickest growing apparel category. Building on the success of its spring 2019 Forged Denim program, Black Diamond’s Crag Denim is a new style incorporating stretch cotton at price point making them extremely functional and competitive in the active, outdoor marketplace.
- Rechargeable Lights – Four new rechargeable headlamps will highlight the season including: Sprint225 (lumens), Sprinter275, ReVolt350 and Icon700. Additionally, Black Diamond will offer the BD 1800 rechargeable battery pack for BD’s hybrid lighting options and a rechargeable lantern.
- Vision Helmet – Black Diamond’s most durable foam helmet to date along with a MIPS Brain Protection System offering multidirectional impact protection.
- Camalot™ Z4s – New camalots (both regular and offset versions) featuring patent-pending technology where cams are rigid to place then flexible to reduce walking and larger models feature dual twisted cable construction for uniform flex. Other highlights include a narrow 4-lobed head and sandblasted lobes for better bite.
- Distance Carbon – An incredibly lightweight mountain running pole at 95-grams per single pole.
- Trail Packs – Three new series of trail packs including 14, 16, 18L volumes plus a 4L hydration vest with an innovative on-the-run Z-Pole storage solution.
- Highline Stretch Shell – Black Diamond’s premium, three-season alpine shell featuring a 3L BD.Dry™ laminate with 2-way stretch and PFC-Free DWR for superior performance by Green Theme Technology.
- Carabiners & Quickdraws – A complete redesign of Black Diamond’s entire carabiner and quickdraw collection updating colors, shapes, lighter weights, optimized noses and deeper baskets for easier clipping.
- airNET harness – Built for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and designed in collaboration with BD athlete Adam Ondra.
Black Diamond Equipment’s spring 2020 collection, along with the launch of its new performance footwear line, will be on display at booth #37055-UL at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, June 18-20, in Denver, Colorado, and at booth #A6-430 in Munich, Germany, at OutDoor by ISPO, June 30-July 3, 2019.
Black Diamond Equipment is a manufacturer of equipment and apparel for climbing, skiing and mountain sports. By consistently building innovative, standard-setting products and actively preserving the mountain/canyon environment, Black Diamond Equipment has assumed a leadership role in the international outdoor community. For more information on Black Diamond Equipment, visit BlackDiamondEquipment.com